Chased up maternity allowance....

CarlyD

Reaction score
Dunno if anyone else is waiting to hear on this but I sent mine just before Christmas, and they've said they received it on the 19th and it can take up to 12 working days to process. So taking into account all the bank holidays etc I should have it confirmed by next week!

Was REALLY panicking that it had been lost in the post cos I put in all my original payslips and stuff over the last year, which I wouldn't be able to get hold of again. Need it to start sharpish too cos ive already finished work! Big relief knowing they've got it! Now just gotta keep my fingers crossed that my calculations were right and I get the full £128 a week!! Then I can breathe! :) xxx

Dont envy people having to sort this themselves.

My work paid mine as lump sum when I was made redundant in dec.

Don't forget you get taxed on it too ....., gggrrrrr

I don't think they tax you on Maternity Allowance as this is a benefit from the government - I hope not anyway as I am starting on it from next week ??

Hey Hun I get mat allowance being self employed. It took 5 weeks to get it around oct time, don't want to scare u bit they quite often don't pay it on time. I got a letter of dates in writing and they still didn't pay it on time. If they do this u can demand same day emergency funding if u have it in writing. As soon as ur on the system and receiving monthly or fortnightly pay it tends to become easier. U really do have to chase them x

I applied for it at the end of November and I got it returned Christmas eve saying they needed more info and wouldn't accept my wage slips either. I've sent it back now and I am waiting again.....I've had no money since November as I was made redundant (after working for 20 years) and can't claim any benefits so hope they get a move on with it now before things get desperate !

I was same as you! I've started my ML already but not heard anything, so I rang them other day and they said I should hear within a few days but they've definately received it and all looks fine. :yay:

Ah no, why didn't they accept your wage slips? What was wrong with them? I really hope I don't have a bad experience with this! We've just recently got DH's little brother living with us and child tax credit and child benefit is a total chore to sort out too! They make it so hard! X

I'm still waiting to hear too I posted mines on the 20th so hopefully hear somethin next week its a nightmare because my work didn't tell me I wasn't getting it until mid December wen my mat leave started on 27 Nov!! Just hope it all gets back dated xx

I still need to do my form im having a mare already cos I work employed on a casual basis (mayeb one or twice a month) so need to get forms of them I really need to get cracking with it though.

CarlyD they didn't give me a reason for not accepting my wage slips all I can assume is that they are a bit amateurish as it was only a small company that I worked for and didn't have my NI number on them and were hand written in places. They sent me a proof of earnings form which my ex employer had to fill in it's a good job I still see her otherwise god knows what I would have done. Fingers crossed I get it I am really relying on that.

I'm exactly the same they recieved my 22nd and I rang them today and they still haven't even processes it! Want them to hurry up and do it so I can start my leave, as wont start till it goes through. Takes a long time tho! Don't think I can get my pay slips either so hope the ones I sent r ok!! X

I still haven't sent mine as didn't want it to get lost in the xmas post, going to post it tomorrow. :) x

Just an update girls.....I had my maternity allowance claim denied as they reckon now that I don't qualify cause I haven't been employed for the 26 weeks in the 66 week qualifying period even though technically I have.....grrrr I'm not impressed !!! Anyway as the saying goes it ain't over till the fat lady sings so I am going to ring them Monday find out what's what then appeal....just what I don't need to be worrying about with 6 weeks to go. Anyone else having problems with their claim...or is it just me ?

Oh no I'm really sorry to hear that :( fight to the bitter end!!

Mine got sent back to me because a couple of dates weren't filled in, so I did that and sent it back straight away. Phoned them Monday to ask what was going on and they said a letter where I had to confirm when I wanted paying from had been sent that morning. So I spent every day last week launching for the door every time the post arrived and nothing!! So will see if it comes Monday then phone again. Looking unlikely I'll get it in time for when the rent is due on the 1st :(

Just so slow!!! I applied over a month ago, why does it have to take so long :( x

Oh no! How ridiculous! Make sure you appeal against the decision asap! Don't let them win! You can't go without that money, it isn't even much in the first place - but it's something!

Mine's gone through OK (so far so good anyway). I got a letter saying I should get my backpayment on Friday, then be paid every fortnight after that. Something went right for me for a change! So I was very shocked :lol:

I think they will tax you on mat allowance as they tax stat mat pay :( x

I think they will tax you on mat allowance as they tax stat mat pay :( x

i have never been taxed on MA or SMP as its not an high enough allowance to be taxed on!! would check that out hun as it doesnt seem right to me :eh: x

Ladies, what is maternity allowance? Is it different to maternity pay from ur employer?
X

Ladies, what is maternity allowance? Is it different to maternity pay from ur employer?
X

It's there if you're not entitled to it off your employer. You have to claim it through the Job Centre, and the rate is £128.73 per week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back