Charting

V1ck1

Reaction score
Hi ladies

This month I want to try and chart I'm ttc baby number 2 my cycles have been all over the place been to have scans and gyny appt etc hopefully my cycles are getting back to normal but want to see if I defiantly ovulate by charting can you tell me what I need to do
X

I charted when I conceived my son just over 13 years ago, you need to buy a basal thermometer, you can get digital or glass ones that you shake. I've got both but find the glass one better, it measures in centigrade. Print yourself a temperature chart and take your temp the second you wake up, don't move around or get up, lie in bed. Do this every morning and plot it on the chart. I found it really useful to pinpoint ovulation, its not so good now because I have insomnia. x

Last edited:
Ive started charting this month. You also should record signs of cm, not just temperature. I downloaded the fertility friend app....it analyses the data you input so tells you when you are most fertile, so you don't need to interpret the chart

Ok thanks sorry if this sounds stupid but do you do it when your on your period as well ....do u put the thermometer in your lady bits lol X

You can do it under your tongue :)

The first time my husband saw me taking my temp (in my mouth!) and said "that's not where I thought that went..." Ha ha.

Haha oops �� I just assumed that it would be down there lol so when your temp goes up is that when you ovulate x

A day or two after you ovulate your temp will rise and continue to rise for a couple of days, and stay higher than your temp before OV until AF or BFP!

This is a good article: http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/preconception/bbt.htm

I downloaded fertility friend though, and it's really helpful. It'll look at your chart and tell you when it thinks you OVd (but it waits until your temp has risen for three days just to make sure!).

It tells you if/when you did OV, but you can't predict OV with temping.

Last edited:
It's really awkward to be honest, as it's supposed to be done at almost exactly the same time every day. I find it hard to stick to that rule!

My chart is a bit up and down, but was definitely more up after OV if that makes sense ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back