changing milk under 6 months

we changed from SMa gold to C&G comfort to see if it would help with Charlottes colic problems when she was about 6 weeks old. It didnt help so wwe swiched back without any problems :)

I switched from Aptamil to SMA Gold to Cow & Gate Comfort to Cow & Gate Premium and have had no problems :wink:

Maddison was constantly sick on Aptamil and had bad constipation on SMA Gold. We only used Cow & Gate Comfort briefly to clear her out and then switched her to the Premium which seems to suit her :hug:

You do not have to wait until LO is 6 months if she's not happy on her current formula, MW's someties say things that are so odd, I'm not a MW but feel she shouldn't have said that to you.. It's perfectly fine to change LO's formula at ANY time, unless they need a specific formula, comfort or hungrier baby etc then you would maybe need a trained opinion but generally MUMMY KNOWS BEST :wink:

Twice we've changed Isaac's formula, BOTH times MW wasn't 'happy', but BOTH times it made my son happy, so they were wrong. We went from SMA Gold, then WHITE to Cow&Gate Hungrier Baby, then now he's on HiPP. I would suggest you give any change in formula a week for LO to adjust to it, but obviously if there' significant vomiting or rash's ect seek medical advice straight away and change again. There can be a bit of sick when you change formula but I think that's quite common, not necessarily a sign to worry about, unless LO seems distressed. Very best wishes, hope you find the formula LO loves and agrees with :hug:

We changed from sma gold to cow and gate premium (? - the green ones with the 1 on) as Ryan was having poo blockages with sma gold :)

we changed from sma to aptamil because danica was constantly sick from sma. It happened rather early in the process though: maybe when she was 5 weeks old and I used formula only as a supplement to EBM (one formula feed in 48 hours or so). Our health visitor advised us not to change it but we ignored her and never regretted it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back