changing hospital

kellie80

Reaction score
Does anyone know any thing about changing hospital so late in pregnancy. I have just come home after a 3 day stay in hospital and I never want to go back to that place again. It was dirty, there was no staff and I waited 2 days to see a doctor, amongst other things that happened there. Really not happy and don't know if I can change!

As far as I know you can change your choice of hospital at any stage.
Also don't forget that when you actually go into labour you can supposedly turn up at any hospital and they will deliver your baby for you.
Obviously though it would be better for you and your baby to go to the hospital that keeps your maternity notes xxx

You always have the choice of where to go. Talk to your midwife, and other moms to get recommendations.
If you don't feel comfortable NOW with that hospital, then giving birth and looking after your baby their will be even more stressful. Find a hospital you like while you still have time LOL!

That sounds appalling - I don't blame you for wanting to move.

I changed address during my pregnancy and though I wanted to stay at the original hospital because it was closer to work, they refused to let me continue my care there - no doubt because they were short staffed. I was furious - mostly because the way I found out they had dumped me was because I phoned up the day before I was due to go back for my second scan only to learn they had cancelled my appointment. :x .

So all these government promises of choice didn't seem to pan out in my case. It may depend on catchment areas - technically I did move out of the catchment area for the original hospital. Anyway - good luck - I hope you get a result.

PS - Urchin - I love your avatar - very seasonal!!

LBxx

I had the choice of 4 different hospitals when I went for my booking in appointment, so I guess I made a mistake. Will speak to my midwife on 17th about it, hope its ok! Thanks for the replies girls, I feel a little bit more hopeful now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back