changing formulas

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by prettypenguin, Feb 15, 2012.

1. prettypenguin

prettypenguin Well-Known Member

Charlie is on aptimil comfort and oh has gone to boots after work to pick some more up, however they have none in stock! Boots is the only place that seems to do it, so i said just toget first milk which he had previously. He said there was cow and gatecomfort but i was unsure whether you can switch brands of milk even though its the same type of milk iykwim?

2. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

i think you shouldn't really change formulas if it can be avoided as that can upset LOs tummy.

3. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

You can change formula, but I duno about changing to comfort so quickly. But then, if thats all thats there, its better than nothing. I buy aptamil from boots & often its the last carton, I wonder what I would do if it happened to me, i'd buy the next best thing I suppose, then change back??

:)

4. prettypenguin

prettypenguin Well-Known Member

Yeah well hes usually on comfort and has been for months, i just got the aptimil first which hes had previously so he can last on that til i get to boots this morning. Im unsure when to change back to his normal milk, hes been fine for ages now and doesnt seem to get any tummy aches etc, but then sods law if i do change hin back he will get them.... just a pain that nowhere seems to do the milk really...