Changing formula?

BeccaH1

Reaction score
Hi ladies

LO is now 15weeks. When he was three weeks old we had a problem with trapped wind. Started infacol and using Dr Browns bottles and after a week or so it improved. The last couple if weeks however it has returned with a vengeance.

I switched from aptamil one to their comfort milk to see if this would help ease his tummy as he seemed to be in so much pain...also seems to have some teething pain too however. We also went back to infacol.

Things have improved but LO is now a little more sicky after every feed. Usually about 40mins to an hour after we have a little spit up (usually on me I might add).

Anyway I'm coming to the end of the comfort tin and not sure whether to continue as this spit up has only occurred since taking this milk. Thinking of going back but not sure of the right thing to do....perhaps his wind problem has eased without the milk. I'm confused!

I should add he has been on comfort for one week. His number twos are quite unpleasant but I hear that's common with this milk!

Does the spit up smell? Is it milk or is it abit of a clear liquid/cottage cheese looking consistancy? Have you considered it could be abit of reflux? Or even some silent reflux?

Comfort milk didn't agree with my LO - he's on anti reflux milk now which helped him keep his feeds down ( he was very sicky mind )

He's still young so don't change bottles etc - Oscar is on gripe water and dr browns bottles etc and I have no intention of changing anything

The sick does smell and is almost like clear liquid. I had wondered about reflux before but having a couple of friends who have reflux babies I dont think its likely. Its never alot, almost looks like dribble the more I think about it, tinged with milk if that makes sense.

Also, hes previously had the end of his moses basket propped up to help with his wind but last couple of nights we've had to get him into his cot so he's been lying flat and sleeping peacefully which I think with reflux wouldnt be the case?

I just dont want to switch milk unneccessarily. I think as its only been a week I should give it more time. He's getting weighed tomorrow so I'll chat with the health visitor.

I defo wont change his bottles. They were like magic the minute we started them at 3 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back