changing dates

mummy2be xx

Reaction score
Is it quite common for ur date to be changed at a scan. I had one at 4 weeks then again at 5 and was moved forward to 6. I like my due date, this is y I'm wonderin. Is there a chance itl get changed again?

Mine got changed when i went for early scan they said i was 6+5 when i thought i was 8. then when i went for the midwife appt she said stick the the original dates because early scans can be inaccurate and its likely to change back at 12 week dating scan.

I was put 2 days back at my 12 week scan and midwife told me to stick with my original date x

Yees, your official due date will be decided at your 12 week scan as that's when they can get most accurate measurements.

I was put back 3 days at 7 week scan then at my 12 they said I was 2 days forward from that (therefore ended up one day behind my original date)

X

At early scan when I thought I was 6+6 I was measuring at 6+2 but at dating scan last week I was put forward 5 days so was a day ahead of my original dates. They are only a guide though and only 5% of women actually give birth on their due date!

I was moved forward 3 days at an early scan and then moved forward a further 3 days at my 12 week scan. This is my 'official' due date to the hospital, but I am inclined to believe my original due date of 1st July over 25th June. I will just have to wait and see. xx

When I was pregnant with DD, at my 12 week scan they pur me back a week. I was really upset and asked the mw if we could leave my date as it was originally, she said yes :) so I was happy. Well I went 'overdue' my original date and went into labour on the date they gave me at the scan lol. so will be listening to them this time :) x x

It's a tricky one because midwives know what they're doing, they've done it a million times, but we know our bodies and our cycles - not to mention when we dtd!!

At my 8 week scan I was spot on, but at my 10 week scan they suggested I might end up getting put back up to a week at my 12 week scan. Now I know for a fact this isn't physically possible, as I obviously know when we last dtd etc, so it would make it physically impossible to have conceived a week later!!

DH joked that it wouldn't be his if we got put back a week, so even he knows when we last dtd!!

Secondly, it would also have meant that I got a bfp at 5dpo, which we all know would never happen.

So in a way, measurements are good, but at the same time we are good judges (especially those who have being ttc for a while and know their cycles) of our own bodies.

The problem for me is, I only have a one week window for my eligibility for maternity pay, as I started a new job after my bfp. If they put me back a week I'll not be eligible :(

babys grow at different rate till the 12 weeks so they don't usually take early dates x Also the images are so tiny and blurry its not a good guide to go on, as the 12 week fetus is bigger and easier to date x

I had early scan at 8 weeks 2 days they estimated 7 weeks 6 days then at my 12 week scan I was 12 weeks 2 days the dates I had hehe so I was bang on my dates. I used my cycle length on the ticker information to give me better dates. (As my cycle length is 31 days not the usual 28). As the midwifes dates were ahead by a few days so I just dismissed them. I used my own x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back