Changing bedtime?

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
Mia has always gone to bed at 7 but for about the last month she's just been mega hyper and Will not go to sleep, she's just not tired enough. So I wanted to move her tea from 5pm to 6pm so we can all eat together and thought I'd put her to bed at 8pm instead. I've introduced an afternoon snack as she dropped her bottle and to help her get through to 6pm. Has anyone else altered lo bedtime as they've got older or have you stuck to the same time? She sleeps 11hrs at night and has two 1hr naps. Just unsure of what to do for the best really! X

I'd give it a go and see what happens x

Tapatalking!

We had to change it last month be we spent most of the month away but I had to revert it back to 7 as when we got home he turned into a little gremlin!

No harm in trying Hun if he was happier to stay up till 8 I would love it because I'm back in work and not home till 6 but I'm going to try 7:30 maybe. LO dropped a bottle too just has morning and night and def naps better hrs 8.5 months xxxx

Well it would be better for me as I work til 7 two nights a week and 6 another night so it will mean I get to see her! 7pm has always worked really well for us but just recently she's just been bouncing on the matress, blowing raspberrys and crying if I leave the room. We normally end up nearer 8 by the time she settles. We have put her to bed later the last few nights and she seems to be going off almost straight away so I'm wondering if she just needs slightly less sleep at night now as she still wakes at 7. Will see how it goes. Maybe when she drops her daytime sleep she will want her bed earlier again. She still has a 9.30am nap for about an hour and again in the afternoon at about 2 for an hour or sometimes two. I've never been one for waking a sleeping baby as its obviously what she needs. I just always worry about routine change! Thanks for the replies

My girl likes to change things now and again. Usually after a night at grans house. She sleeps 13 hours there but I get 11. Feel alughtly cheated of the 2 hour long lie my mum had at the weekend lol.

I think they need less as they get bigger? Xx

tapatalking

Cam has been the same at bedtime recently- cot gymnastics, trampolining, throwing his dummies about and crying hysterically when I leave the room. He has bath at seven, bottle and off to bed for eight- was nearly ten last night when he eventually caved and fell asleep. Its all to do with his age and a learning phase he's going through so I'm just sticking with it. I darent make his bedtime any later else it'll be nearer midnight by the time he goes down!

If you want to put lo one down an hour later and if it would be better for you then I say go for it. Worth a try.

XX

Well it seems to be working ok. We had dinner together at 6 which is nice then had bath for just after 7 and in bed just before 8 with much less tears and hassle than normal!! She slept through til 7 and is full of beans so she must be getting enough sleep. I think they do need less once they get older. It's a bit easier really co we used to feed her at 5 then bath and bed for 7 then have our tea. So it means once she's in bed we can relax (or realistically do all the things I didn't do in the day!!) xx

Glad it went well hun.

We do pretty much the same and eat tea together and then hubby abd I have the evening together once Cam is asleep. If he goes down at a reasonable hour that is! Lol!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back