changing a nappy??!!!

Danielle77

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Can somebody tell me what order they do things in when changing a nappy - my friends are all telling me different things! Then is can teach OH!
Appreciate it x

Make sure you have all you might need ready beforehand and within arms reach. Then I take of the nappy, clean and dry the whole area in contact with it, put on any creams, put on the new nappy dump the old one in the bin, and presto! :D

Literally open nappy see what he's done , use the wipes to clean everywhere, put sudocream if he needs and do his nappy up x

Literally open nappy see what he's done , use the wipes to clean everywhere, put sudocream if he needs and do his nappy up x

WSS. Except sudocrem makes Jack stink?! so we use metanuim if he's sore. Simples! x

Exactly what the girls have said, and make sure to stay in the middle of the baby and don't venture tail end or you will probably get pee'd on at some point lol

We use bepanthen with oz coz sudocreme was too irritating for him and metanuim was the same, but also really thick n hard to apply. We only use bepathen if he needs it, but every morning we use talc after his bath to make sure his creases are defo dry.

Also, for boys, it's a good idea to keep his willy covered, otherwise he'll jump at the opportunity and wee all over the walls and our faces, LOL!

I get my nappy folded out and nappy bag ready before touching LO so they are in easy reach :)

Thank you ladies! Going to attempt to teach the OH using a doll tomorrow!!!! Oh what fun! X

Also with newborns, open the nappy, see what you're dealing with and then cover them back up for a minute or so. They tend to wee when they get cold which is why we all get peed on lol so by covering back up once theyve been exposed to the cold they'll hopefully just wee in the nappy and you'll be safe :)

same as others really, we fold dirty nappy over under H then wipe, dry with a flannel, and put new nappy on. Put some pesto in the nappy on the doll, makes it fun! X

Oh if baby is a girl remember to wipe fron to back so you dont cause an infection especially if its a dirty nappy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back