Change of midwife

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with my new midwife today - she is so different from my last one. A lot friendlier, funnier and actually seems to reside on this planet!

One thing she did say though was that you shouldn't put on more than about 2 stone in pregnancy. I have already put that on :( She said I can expect to put on about another stone, but that if I breast feed I will lose it quicker and that I shouldn't worry as I am carrying the extra weight well. Still feel like a big flabby though!

What weight gain are you ladies on?

Hi honey. Don'y worry about weight at all. I found that by 22 weeks I had put on a stone and half and so many people replied to me to say don't worry as I felt a real lard ass. I thought 2 1/2 stone was average but then my new midwife said that 2 stone was the norm??? I've actually put on about 17lbs, I lost some weight due to spit from boyfriend. I'm gonna put more on now though no doubt and I feel extremely flabby. Anyway, remember catherine Zeta Jones put on nearly 5 stone with her first and the same for Kate Winslet so we can lose it after :)

Just think of it as our little fat stores for when we are breatsfeeding!

Glad you are happy with your new midwife.

xxxxxxxxx

Hi
I agree don't worry. I have also put on 28 pounds which I think is 2 stone?? My due date is Dec 27th and I have really been concerned with the weight gain. I'm going to try and breast feed as well. Hope this helps. I found out last week that I have Gest Diabetes and I'm going for a consult and to be put on a 2000 cal diet tomorrow. I'm hoping this will slow down my weight gain. I think they are more concerned with the baby being bigger. I've always heard that 25-35 pounds is average weight gain during pregnancy. So I figure if I go over a little it's ok. Many woman put on 50 plus pounds. Good luck..
Shannon

I have no idea how much I have put on. I have a very neat bump and do not seem to have got much bigger around my thighs/bum.

I'm getting a new midwife next week too.
I'm actually quite nervous about it, I loved my old midwife, she dealt with my first pregancy so I feel like I really know her.
I just hope the new one is as nice as she was!

emma1976 said:
Anyway, remember catherine Zeta Jones put on nearly 5 stone with her first and the same for Kate Winslet so we can lose it after :)

Really? Hoorah! That's the best thing I've heard all week! Thanks for that factoid! I'd put on about 2 stone by 20 weeks too and decided after that not to look again. I don't feel like I've put on 5 stone but I'm sure it'll be about 3 or something by the time I'm done.

+++

I can't see how I could put on more than a stone in the next bit, and then surely once the baby comes out that's got to be a stone gone what with her weight and all the water, blood, placenta. So it will leave me a couple of stone to lose. I haven't really been eating too bad, definately not enough for 2!! I guess my body is just storing it all up - every last gram of fat!!

Britney put on 50lbs as well and Kate Hudson put on loads as well so if they don;t care why should we :)

Have a look on www.handbag.com at the family / having a baby section, Handbags great for all stuff like that and shows you things like how big celebs get! Good celeb gossip as well - Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are expecting now as well! Not that it's really that interesting just find that relationship a bit strange seeing as she fancied him from a little girl.

Sorry, burbling on about nothing! :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Rosie

Glad you got a lovely midwife. Im lucky too mine is great.

I was actually very overweight when I found out I was pregnant (hence you wont get any pics of me on here !!) So straight away i began healthy eating and actually lost over a stone within the first 6-8 weeks. I have put on 4kg since i was 11 weeks pregnant (im now 33) So have only just reached my pre-pregnancy weight.

So not too bad at all. Fortunately my only craving has been for FRUIT !!

Not sure how much to expect to put on now though ???? AGGHHRRRRR.

Will definately Breast feed as with my last daughter I lost stacks of weight feeding her, but then again you are burning off 500 cal extra a day.

Ragna xxx

Well the last i knew I had put on 2 stone which was a while ago now!! :? Feel huge and sure my head now resembles a football :lol: Oh well not to long to go till i can enjoy the thrill of trying to diet again :roll:

My mum put on 4 stone with me!

Natalie x

I think i've put about 1 stone on! do you think that's alot at this stage? (21weeks)

I was told that my bump is all baby and i'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. now i'm thinking that my baby doesnt have enough padding :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back