CFS/Pregnancy

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So it appears all my tests have come back as normal :( which is also good.

Been to the docs this morning and he thinks I could possibly have somethign called CFS which is being made worse by being pregnant.

Can't do anymore tests until bubs is born so I guess I will just have to deal with it :wall2:

Has anyone else got this or experianced this??

yes hun I had it years ago, I still get times of relapse but for me, it was like pregnancy cured it. I never felt better than the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy, and although I get tired through lack of sleep, Ive never since felt the energy completely zapped from my body like I did then. :hug: massive hugs, its awful feeling so bad and not knowing whats causing it :(

I did a healthy eating regime, I had to move back to my mums to do it, cos I literally couldnt find the energy to go to the shops let alone cook. Everything organic, no preservatives (theyre even in loaves of bread :doh: ) everything home made with as few ingredients as possible, heaps and heaps of dark green leafy veg. It did work for me, but my mum worked very hard to be cooking from scratch all the time, its impossible for someone to be able to do that when theyre already ill :( xxxx

My friend's mum has ME which is similar and it's awful, we've had to carry her to bed before. Did the gp give you any advice on how to deal with it until you can have it properly confirmed?

To be honest he was rubbish, I know he said I could have it which is a step closer but he didn;t know enough about it to give me any advice on how to handle it in the meantime, just read the symptoms from a sheet of paper sent by the NHS I believe.

So when I have had a kip I am off to the dreaded google to try and find some stuff.

I would avoid google for this you will scare yourself with all the worst case stuff. My teenage daughter has had cfs for the last 3 years its been pretty bad in places but she is doing very so well lately. At one point i had to carry her upstairs and she was to weak. She was getting an online lesson 1 hr a day on a laptop at her worst. She was in bed most of the day and it was horrible it was a slow learning curve for us as the doctor we first saw said she needed to build herself up and i made her do an afterschool exercise club once a week. Gradually she felt worse and particularly the day after exercise then the day after that till it was all blurred and she was home everyday. Her joints ache her knees and back are the worst. She describes it as permanently having flu.

We got a new consultant and saw an occupational therapist who has been brilliant. We started very slowly. Waking her at the same time every day. Gradually earlier. Then actually getting out of bed earlier. 5 minutes of gentle wii exercise once a day. With cfs when its bad your body clock is totally out of whack. Once we got her bodyclock back she felt mentally much more alert rather than a goldfish. In march i was picking her off the floor by September she was back at school. No sure if it helped but i got the chance of a blue light on a fab offer this year and she has this on every day for half an hour while she is waking up.

For the record as so many people believe its just hating school or being depressed. My daughter has always loved school she is a very social girl and was not depressed. She used to get angry at being ill and not being able to do things as she has always been independent and lively. She has hysterical organisation of her friends without being bossy i reckon she will make a great manager one day.

Thanks for the info Lefthanded, I think I have a milder form, although I do try and keep my sleep patterns as regulated as possible, but I do just have days where I can't move, I can't wake up, it's normally when I have had a mega hectic day at work the day before.

I am really pleased we are at a diagnosis stage now, it's been going on 2 -3 years now and I am struggling to cope.

I might try the blue light idea as I have not heard this before.

It's a tough thing to be dealing with but hopefully now I can move forward and get some help :)

again thanks for your comments xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back