cervix

Jadie

Reaction score
Hi, I just posted on the c section post. But its made me wonder. When I was in labour I was fully dilated but a bit of the cervix got stuck round Olivers head. Has this happened to any one eles? I was given pethidine so the midwife could try and free it. it did work but his heart rate slowed down. So had to be transfered. How easy would it be for the midwife to tell if the baby was back to back? As the midwifes at the first hospital did not kn ow this untill i was at the bigger hospital! Should they have been able to feel that before? I have so many question about my labour, Things happening that I did not understand! It Still gets me and my oh down when we think about it! but at least Oliver and I are fit and well!

Jadie

They should have known the baby was back to back by the baby's head. My midwife felt my son's head when I was having him and she said there are certain points they feel to tell which way round they are and she told me my son was back to back. I was shocked because I had been told for about 2 months before that my son was the right way round but when they felt him internally they were wrong. So yes the midwives should have known!

well, they should, but they don't always!
my midwife always told me maheen was in a very good position, during my pregnancy, but when the midwifes checked internally (I was 6 cm dilated then), they kind of wondered what position she was in!! :shock:
I told them what the midwife had been telling me for the past 2 months, they didn't seem to be able to agree or disagree with it!
it appeared, later, that Maheen's head was a little bit stuck near my perineum, that's why she found it difficult to come out. Wether she was back to back or not, I have never been sure! (I think so but that's only my gut feeling from how I felt!)

At least, Maheen is fine, so I don't bother that much about it! :wink:

Mel xx

I had trouble delivering Abi and had numerous internals to find out the reason after pushing for 3 hours i had one final internal before they decided to use forceps, they kept saying she was the right way around then when the dr came to do the forceps she examined me and Abi was back to back, so no they can't always tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back