Cervix worries

entre

Reaction score
Hi all,

my last birth went ok-ish I guess, just had meds to help along the pain, but I was induced and my cervix was pulled forward by midwife, it was painful!

After birth (3 yrs ago) my cervix appeared lower than previously. It was occasionally painful with sex compared to before and depending on time of month.

Ive felt my cervix after BFP today and its spongy and seems open, like I can insert a finger.

Anyone got any experience of this?

TIA

I was induced with my daughter (2 pessaries) and I found it very painful too.

Also your cervix should be soft/spongy as it fills with blood. I know online it says it should be high and closed but it can take a few weeks for this to happen. Mine was closed and then I spotted and it was open and then it closed again by 5 1/2 weeks. Every one is different. Try not to worry Hun xx

Stop touching your cervix lol the mucus plug will be trying to form to close up any small gap. If you're worried mention it to your MW and see what she says. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
Though I have heard in some instances, women have needed surgical stitched during pregnancy and they get removed towards end of pregnancy. But as you were fine last time I wouldn't panic. It's always hurt me inside, I was also induced. I've also had 3 internal scans which were painful and others say they're just uncomfortable.
My mum has a tilted cervix and whenever she has a smear she's in agony x

do not touch your cervix.
after birth your cervix changes, sometimes it doesn't completely close so this sounds normal to me,
touching your cervix can cause infection even if your hands are clean.

OK, I shall thou stop touching of the cervix lol

Thanks guys

mine was like that too around 4 and 5 weeks went up n down.. n then kinda half way lol.. I found it happened when i was a tad constipated, like it was being forced down... its back up again now :)

My cervix has been about 1cm open since my 1st birth. Spongy sounds normal for pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back