cervix question

paradysso

Reaction score
ok maybe TMI... but can any one explain what their cervix feels like during the third trimester in comparison to just before labour starts?

ive always read its ment to feel like end of nose.... :shock: mines really soft.. is it normal?

ive been having such strong BH's MW recons its just false labour but im worried they may be doing some thing. theyve stopped again so dont want to bother MW right now, i will ring her again if they start again. but i had it like this with alana towards the end... and it got me to 5cm without even knowing.

Im not sure hun, ive never checked my cervix in prgnency, im sure all is ok though, try not to worry chick, sorry i cant be more help :hug:

I can't feel mine- tried the othe day in the shower. Not sure if it is because it is very high or because of the large bumpage in the way?

i would hav no idea how to check my cervix at any time!

according to t'internet During a normal pregnancy, the cervix remains firm, long, and closed until late in the third trimester. At that point it usually starts to soften, efface (grow shorter), and dilate (open up) as your body prepares for labor.

firm generally is described as feeling like the tip of your nose - and soft as your lips.

BUT - if you haven't checked your cervix regularly either before or during pregnancy - its difficult to tell because everyone is different - my cervix never gets as soft as my lips. And even when pregnant - your cervix can dip occasionally - lots of factors can influence it.

If you have no other problems - I'd just mention it next time you see mw

Well mines :oops: spongy.. and very soft... It's even slightly open (i.e. If i was more flexible I reckon I could get two fingers in there).... BUT it's been like that for weeks now.. and my cervix seems to move backwards and forwards of its own accord...

Although last night I did pass my full plug, it was bloody and gooey and horrible. I was convinced I'd be in labour by now.. but sadly nope.. :(

oooo - but sounds like it won't be long Squiglet :D

ok out of all them descriptions, mine feels like squiglets?? it was firm and hard before.

im going to ring MW this afternoon and see what she thinks

I have absolutely no idea how to check mine! I thought you weren't meant to incase of introducing infection? Is that right?

do you mean when pregnant? Because its a common thing in ttc as it gives a good indication of ov.

I wouldn't advise poking around up there :wink: and only feel the edge of it - don't be trying to give yourself a sweep or anything, but with clean hands one gentle check shouldn't hurt?

ewww :puke: :puke:

Thats not something I want to be feeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back