Cervix position....

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone check their cervix position?
Just wanted some info on it, was thinking about starting to do it next cycle... how often do you need to check? what am I looking/feeling for? lol.. whens the best time, etc...
Thanks x

There are lots of guides online to cervical position but I find it simplest to think that the cervix is high and open in the days leading up to ovulation and is low and closed pretty much the rest of the time. It should be soft when it's high and open and hard when it's low but I find the difference negligible. If you are starting out I would Google what the cervix looks like to make sure you're looking for the right bit as the vagina walls can be misleading sometimes!

I check mine leading up to ovulation. I was doing it every day but figure there's not much points because it's not a reliable indicator of pregnancy as it can take up to six weeks to rise. Make sure you check it at the same sort of time each day as it can seem to vary throughout the day. Also, always stand or sit in the same position each time as that can affect it. I always struggled to tell if it was open or closed as it seemed too small to tell, until I felt it open and then it seemed really obvious. My fertility app just records high and low but it's not as simple as that as sometimes it can just simply be in the middle! It's a good time to note CM also.

That's all I can think of for now! Hope that helps. X

See I'm the opposite, my cervix is really high all the time, until ovulation, I can't feel it at all. Around ovulation mine drops and my OH hits it during sex. I always thought the cervix was low during ovulation so the sperm doesn't have as far to travel ?.x

Last edited:
Soft high open and wet (SHOW) is the position you're after for your fertile period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back