Cervix checking...?

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone checks or has checked their cervix through pregnancy/before labour?
I know you're not necessarily "meant" to for various reasons... but I just checked mine and although it was pretty difficult to decipher what I was feeling, I think I felt it a couple of inches in but almost like it had melted into my front wall (lol, I don't now how to describe it).
Either that, or I didn't feel anything and it's still too high up.

I've been getting EWCM and small mucusy bits over the last few days as well as period pains.

I'm symptom spotting like crazy, which is probably utterly pointless this early! I'm just feeling so ill and so painful I want something to start

Not sure if I've had any BHs (certainly not painful anyway). Baby is in such a horrid position (basically transverse under my ribs) my stomach is always incredibly tight and hard.

I tracked mine when ttc and I can't reach it anymore, when I was examined last week it was only just reachable with a lot of 'digging' lol xx

I've never been able to reach my cervix in pregnancy it's always stayed too high up xx

I checked a few times in late pregnancy and couldnt reach mine. I did happen to feel both times the day before I went into labour and it was the only time it was low enough to feel.

Maybe I didn't feel it after all then!

I think I may be verrrrry slowly losing my mucus plus. I had lots of EWCM for a few days, and then yesterday and today I've had little globs of "stuff" when wiping and on pads. Today it's a peachy/yellow colour - does that sound pluggish?

I've been getting a lot of pressure very low down in my pelvis and bottom as well on and off, for about 20 seconds a time

With my little boy, my cervix was favourable from 36 weeks & I was already 1CM so it is likely you felt it at your stage I think x

I had a poke about yesterday and although it was really really high I think I felt the edge of my cervix, think if my finger was a bit longer I would have been able to say it was slightly dilated, ,but that is completely normal as I've had a baby before xx

I check mine all the time lol!
Did while ttc and did in my 1st pregnancy too! (Clean fingers obv)

Most the time mines quite high, but its dropped a bit recently and its defo open and mushy/soft (so hard to explain the texture lol).. Im hoping for a sweep today so will soon see how favourable mine is.

I have been taking EPO orally and internally most nights though, no idea of thats helped or the fact its just as im due now that things r progressing up there.
But i do know that having a vaginal birth already will normally leave ur cervix 1cm dilated x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back