Cervical Stitch

Unicorn

Reaction score
Hi, I have a unicornuate uterus (half a uterus) so was very high risk with my last pregnancy as they didn't think I'd make it past 28 weeks but I was monitored very closely and by some miracle managed to carry to 40+2 and deliver a very healthy little boy. I am now pregnant again and saw a consultant yesterday to make sure everything was going the same way this time. Unfortunately it seems that my last pregnancy weakend my cervix and it is now below the threshold length for what they consider to be able to maintain a pregnancy and I'm therefore at risk of pre-term labour. I'm booked in for a cervical stitch next week and will have steroids at 26 weeks to help develop the baby's lungs in preparation and, all being well, I will have the stitch removed at 37 weeks and have been told that I'd likely deliver at that point.

I'm really not looking forward to the operation as it involves a spinal block and having my cervix stitched, which comes with a 5% risk of miscarriage but that is obviously less than the risk of not having it and I will of course do anything to keep this baby safe. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a cervical stitch and wouldn't mind sharing your experience so I know what to expect a bit more please? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back