Cervical scan again

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by LouisecH, Aug 26, 2005.

1. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hello

I've been having fortnightly scans to check on my very short cervix. Had another scan today and my cervix had got longer which is strange but brilliant so all is looking good.

They did promise me last time that they'd find out the sex but the person who scanned me today was not an expert so I still don't know. :evil: I'm having my normal 20 week scan in 2 weeks so looks like I'll have to wait until then.

And all those kicks I've been feeling in my bladder were headbutts! :lol: Ouch.

Louise

2. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

That's excellent news Louise. Hopefully you'll find out the sex in a couple of weeks.

LBxx

3. Manda

Manda Well-Known Member

Hi Louise, i'm glad things are going ok for you not sure if i told you before but i'm not having anymore scans now they said if anything happens that the would deliver baby, on my last scan my cervix was 1.7 before exercise and 2.1 after exercise lol.

4. melhoney

melhoney Well-Known Member

That's great news, Louise, I am so pleased for you!!!
    For the sex of the baby, just let us know in 2 weeks time :)

Can I ask: how did they find out about your cervix? on a routine scan or were you feeling some kind of pain, or something?

Take care,

melhoney xx

5. Manda

Manda Well-Known Member

Hi Melhoney,

With my cervix they scanned me cos i had had a cone biopsy done in the past and this can weaken the cervix. I have also been having scans every 2 weeks and the cervix has been getting shorter after walking.

Manda x

6. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hi

Thanks for your support everyone.

Melhoney - I had treatment for cervical pre-cancer and was told they'd taken away a lot of my cervix so I was pre-warned thank goodness.

Manda - looks like your cervix is doing well. 32 weeks!