Cervical Mucus question

Loola

Reaction score
Just a quick question, AF has just left the building - I have very stretchy CM, which is slightly spotted not clear, but otherwise very much like EWCM. Its not likely that I would be fertile yet though is it?

*bumps up the thread cos she wants to know too*

Not likely but it is possible. A friend of mine swears she got pregnant recently at CD7.

I get full EWCM at about CD10 then no more really for the rest of the cycle. At ovulation I don't really get any EWCM (between CD25 and 35). I have read that you can get EWCM after ovulation but I wouldn't have thought you would get it after AF. And it couldn't be your OH's spermies?

If it looks like that id be bedhopping in case, cycles change all the time.

Definitely not OH's spermies unfortunately!! I might have to try and molest him tonight just incase. Im bound to be having a really early fertile day today as his Brother is staying :roll:

Ill see if it lasts til tomorrow. Thanks for your help girlies :)

Even when you ovulate regularaly your body can surprise you. We missed out the month before I got pregnant as I suddenly ov'd 5 days early out of the blue. I had excm but didn't believe it.

Take advantage anytime you see it, but be aware that some months you may get more then one patch of fertile cm.

It's all good,

Good luck this month !

Haha! Im gonna do my best, but I gotta keep the noise down as his brother will be sleeping in the bedroom next door. He embarrassed me before in front of my Mother-In-Law to be, as he told her he always hears us having sex when he comes to stay! Thankfully she thought it was hilarious and she knows we are TTC. :lol: Its not my fault he stays every Tuesday night, I always seem to be at my most fertile on a Tuesday! I cant waste our chances!

believe it or not i get cm quite a lot, if i get it at one time it lasts for quite a long time, even tho im not ovulating every moth due to pcos, it is quite confusing. but i dnt wait till possible ovualtion i bd every chance i get coz u never know.
all this EWCM and CM i dnt get coz it all looks the same to me lol

This is our 1st month of really planning TC and I have to ask if anyone can help with this Q

My CM turns darker about 7 days before AF is due so it's an early indicator.......... does this happen to anyone else??

Had EWCM yesterday and darker pre AF today so what does that mean.

Sorry am really baffled by all this....... have bought the sticks and thermometer though so should be onto it in no time :shock:

1588 said:
This is our 1st month of really planning TC and I have to ask if anyone can help with this Q

My CM turns darker about 7 days before AF is due so it's an early indicator.......... does this happen to anyone else??

Had EWCM yesterday and darker pre AF today so what does that mean.

Sorry am really baffled by all this....... have bought the sticks and thermometer though so should be onto it in no time :shock:

What do you mean by darker? does it get cloudy/whiteish or does it become bloody? EWCM is when you are at your most fertile and after that period CM can dry up completely or it may look creamy or rubbery. Is that what you are getting?

well it's like a brown colour and lasts a week ish............ i used to get it all of the time when i was on the pill... cost me a fortune in panty liners :oops:

Oh bugger......... didn't mean to hijack your post :doh:

Dont be silly the more questions the better!! :D Im sure there is always someone else out there that needs to know the answer too!

To be honest I dont know about possible bloody CM leading up to menstruation. I am looking through'Taking Charge of your Fertility' and it says that most spotting is completely normal, but if it lasts for more than 2 days then its best to get it checked out at the Docs. Do you think yours is spotting? the book says it may have something to do with your luteal phase. How long are your cycles usually?

28 days ish I reckon

Have had it for ages.......... could it be a fertility issue, am off for blood test tomorrow to kick things off

Its probably completely fine, but Im sure it will give you peace of mind if you get it checked out. Do you ovulate at around the 14th day of your cycle? If so then your luteal phase should be long enough, so there shouldnt be a problem there. Im sure there is nothing wrong, I bet Im worrying you unneccessarily now, sorry I really dont mean to. :hug:

nah don't worry we're not all the same are we

Doc reckons it should be day 14 but am not convinced which is why I'm gonna join you in the charting thing :dance:

Have the perfect antidote to getting pregnant....... horsey..... the longer i stay unpregnant i can still ride ( the things you do to stay sane )

so not massively stressed yet

Excellent stuff, and when you are not riding horsey, you can ride your man! Everyone's a winner! :wink:

Look forward to seeing you in chart stalkers lady! :D

sounds like a bit of spotting - I get it too and GP says no effect on fertility as its only brown - old blood - spotting, and a viable pregnancy wouldn't be bothered - in fact my not viable pregnancies have held on through that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back