Cervical length and premature labor?

Mpmacd

Reaction score
Hello!

My wife and I are having our first baby. In the third trimester they suspected her cervix might be shortening early. She measured at 2.7cm and on her last ultrasound at 32 weeks it was 1.6

She will be 34 weeks this Sunday. We’re just not entirely sure what to expect from a premature baby at this stage, or how much that cervix indicates that our baby will come early.

Was kind of hoping to find people that had been in similar situations and what their personal outcomes were. As well, how much should I be keeping her off her feet? I don’t want to be that controlling husband and I feel I might be hounding her too much to relax, if that’s even possible?

I have no advice as I have not been in that situation but I think you should ask a medical professional on what she can and can't do.
Luckily babies from 30 weeks onwards have very high survival rates, so even they were to get there a bit earlier, they might not need that much help or time in the NICU.
My own DD was born 4 weeks earlier and she never had any issues, she got to stay with us from the beginning.
Good luck!x

I had my cervix measured at week 16,20 and 24 weeks due to having my pre cancerous cells removed 2 years ago.
They stop measuring at 24 weeks as your cervix softens naturally from then apparently. Mine measured more than 3cm each time.
I have only just finished work at 37 weeks and no signs of baby yet. I assume it’s the waiting game. Fingers crossed baby stays out for a few more weeks !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back