cervical erosion

kellie80

Reaction score
I have just come back from my doctors appointment where I had a swab taken. The doctor said everything looked ok but she could see some erosion on my cervix and that was all she said. I was just wondering if it was anything to worry about and is it very common cos I never really heard much about it before? Also could it have been the cause for a bleed I had at 16 weeks? Any info welcome cos I haven't a clue.

Hiya

I bled from 7 weeks until 12 weeks. Only a tiny amount but enough to put me in a state of panic everyday for those five weeks. I was told then that it was most likely a Cervical Erosion too. So I would certainly imagine that your 16 week bleed was because of this.

From what was said to me it is very common and nothing to worry unduly about. Perhap sit might be worth you checking out with Netdoctor or something similar to put your mind at rest.

Sorry I cant be of any more help xxxx

:0)
Ragna xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya

The term "Cervical Erosion" is completely misleading as nothing is actually worn away or "eroded". Normally the cells on the outer part of the cervix is lined with flat lining cells and the narrow passage through to the cervix is lined with narrow granular cells. Cervical erosion is completely normal and is simply the growing down of the narrow granular cells into the cervix, where the flat cells once were. Cervial erosion appears on the outer surface of the cervix to form a red, velvet-like area called a cervical erosion.

These cervical changes are a natural response to the female hormone, oestrogen, and can occur naturally in some women, during pregnancy, in those who have had children, and in women taking the oral contraceptive pill. Most erosions cause no symptoms. However, in some women they produce an increased mucus discharge. Occasionally the delicate cells may bleed easily when touched or during vigorous sex. As these cells are much more delicate than normal cells, this is most likely why your bleed at 16weeks has been attributed to the erosion.

Don't worry about it - Most women at some point in their life will suffer with varying degrees of Cervical erosion, but in most instances it will cause no problems. I've been aware of having cervical erosion since I was 19. At times I used to bleed after sex, but other than that I havn't had any major problems.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back