CD3 blood tests - should I be worried?

39yearsyoung

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this, but was looking for some help, please! My GP is clueless regarding these things, and so I have to wait until we are referred to the clinic (4 months) to get some sort of feedback on my tests, and can't wait that long...

To give a bit of background - i am 39 and we have been TTC#2 for 14 months - i had a suspected ectopic in November (it resolved itself, so I still have both tubes, whether they work or not who knows and that's part of why i am being referred). I have short cycles that vary from 20-25 days and I often spot for a few days before my period.

I have had two lots of blood tests - 'CD21' (7DPO) and CD4 (usually taken on CD3 but that was a sunday) - anyway, i am worried about the results - can someone tell me whether they think my E2 looks way too high and if so what I can do about it...?

CD21 - progesterone level
last month: 26.3 ('probably ovulated'?)
CD4 this month -
FSH = 3.9ul
LH = 2.9ul
E2 = 165... range is meant to be 75-140 i was told by receptionist :(

Doc said all these were ok, but didnt tell me a thing more and didnt seem concerned about the out of range E2..??
Help!
thank you xx

So sorry your doc has not explained the results. May be you could book an appointment with another doc and discuss it in detail? Otherwise you can Google the answers. X
e2 seems to be high, but there are supplements the doc can give you to sort it out. Defo book another appointment x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Your FSH is good but I think high E levels can cause the FSH to appear lower than it actually is. I would ask for a retest see if they can send you for a scan too to give a little picture of what's going on. It's helpful to have the scan early in cycle and they can do an antal follicle count. Try not to stress too much over the results (I know easier said than done). Lots of luck and hope there's no need for further tests and you get a bfp instead xx

Thanks both for the replies. I will try to get an appointment with a different gp to ask for more detail, the one I saw was useless! I was really happy when I was told the FSH, but then when they finally told me the E2 (they couldn't find a note of it initially!) I was worried as I had read that high e2 can give you false low FSH... Do you know how much effect it can have? I don't think I can be sent for anything further by the gp yet, need to wait til I get to the referral (which I'm told will be in about 4 months...) if there is something that can be done about high E2, what should I be asking the gp for?
Thanks so much for the reply, feeling frustrated at the limbo I'm in til I see a doc that knows something about fertility! X

Doctors tend to be a bit rubbish with fertility stuff. They often get things wrong. I am not really sure how high they need to be to repress the FSH. Have they made the referral yet? You can have scans done privately, I did that at one point, before NHS investigations.
Hopefully the referral won't take that long. I don't think there is anything the docs give for high e2 but could be wrong. You could try natural stuff, agnus castus might be helpful. Maybe research high e2 and agnus castus to be sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back