cd/ov dates

sexylips

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope all I well....wondering if anyone can help....i started af on January the 19th finished on the 25-26th had sharp pain on lower left side of abdomen on the 26th which was cd8...
Can you ovulate the day after af stops?

Ladies who have a 21 day cycle will usually ov on CD7, so if your period was a week long then yes. How long are your cycles normally?

They use to be between 28-32 days but have been as long as 38-40 I'm being checked for pcos just had my second scan done just waiting for my results xx I've been suffering with sore nipplea and alot of constipation x

Hmm it is also possible that if you have pco one of your cysts has burst, that could give a similar pain. Good luck with your investigations :)

My last scan the cyst I had on my ovary 3weeks previously had gone but I heard my endometriam was 8mm don't know what that means xx

Oh, to be diagnosed with pco I think you need to have 12 or more follicles/cysts on at least one ovary or over 20 in total but I'm not 100% sure on that. If you didn't have any then pco would be unlikely, although it is possible for cysts to come and go in a matter of weeks.

The other figure is the depth of your lining, this changes through your cycle.

I've had bloods done and my testosterone was raised got my progesterone blood test on the 8th if I did ov on the 26th will it show in my bloods x

Probably not as in theory your progesterone level will either have dropped right off before AF or you are pregnant and it will be high. Either way I think the dates are too far out to show ov. Progesterone blood tests to show ov needs to be done 7 days before your next AF, which would be 7/8 days after ov. If you think you ovd on the 26th then you needed to have bloods on the 2nd or 3rd.

Don't worry too much, I had to have several attempts to get mine done on the correct day! They will just give you another appointment if nothing shows.

When I seen doc on the 15th of January she said to book a blood test appointment on day 21 counting it from day one of af xx

I was shocked because the scan I had done was originally to confirm or rule out pregnancy so when I got my results I wasn't expecting to be told I could possibly have pcos I've had a blood test done a few year ago to check hormones but the doc had forgotten why I was having it done x

When I seen doc on the 15th of January she said to book a blood test appointment on day 21 counting it from day one of af xx

That only works if you ov on CD14. Day 21 is a misleading name for them as it is not taken on day 21 for anyone who ovs on any other days!

I wouldn't worry, as I said if it doesn't show as you did ov much earlier (or later) then they will just arrange another appointment. I have irregular cycles and the only way I could get them done on the correct day was to do ovulation tests and then book the blood test for 8 days after I had a positive ovulation test. Good luck :)

Thank you I'm just confused with everything just want things sorted now xx

Well I had my day 21 progesterone bloods done yesterday still waiting on my latest scan results nurse asked me if I smoke and how much...keep feeling the urge to buy a test tomorrow but don't want to see another bfn not sure when my next af is as my last 2 cycles have been 38 and 40 days hope evryones okay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back