Cbfm!! No highs then peak on cd9???

Dawnt87

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Can u help me!? As I've said in my subject line, this is my first cycle with my cbfm, started testing on cd6 (Wednesday) and haven't got any highs as I was expecting at this stage in my cycle but have just tested this morn and have got a peak!! I's this right???

TTC our first baby since 6th Jan 2012

Hi! The first couple of months using the CBFM the machine is "getting to know you" so it can give you some weird readings! My first month I had about 14 days of highs before I got a peak. I would say it detect your peak but has not worked out your estrogen levels yet (thats why you got no Highs) it does say in book this can happing in first few months of using so dont worry :) x

Hi! Thanks for the reply, so u think that this is my peak then? Is it ok to ov at cd9-10? Well we got a quick bd in there now lol as my 12 year old sister is coming to stay all weekend! Lol xx

Had the monitor been used by someone else before you? If so and you didnt reprogramme it and wipe that persons data (instructions on last page) then this could be a false reading based on the other persons levels.

If not then first cycle of the cbfm monitor is getting to know you. Id count it as my ovulation, bd then see if it hoes back to low.

How long are your cycles usualy (or are they varied) and do you know how long your L phase is? x

Yes bought it from eBay but cleared the data/reprogrammed it so I'm 99%sure it's my data.

My cycles are 28 days but not sure about luteal phase, tmi but I felt quit wet yesterday so thinking this might be it?? Xx

Yes was going to ask you about your fertile mucus next! LOL

Well the ave Luteal phase is 14 days and anything from 10-16 is ok. So if you ov say lates tomorrow then that would be 18 days....mmmm not sure hun! Maybe you are having a bit of a shorter cycle this month - do you think this can happen with you?

Maybe do a OPK test today also and see if any lines come up? x

Sound like it is yeah. Get busy!

Yes I prob could have a shorter cycle iv only really started to monitor my cycles so I'm not entirely sure! I did an opk this morn but got no line so will do another at lunchtime maybe and see what happens?? I'm excited but worried that there's something wrong with me if I'm ov-ing early and having long luteal phase?? Agh I duno!!

Yes I prob could have a shorter cycle iv only really started to monitor my cycles so I'm not entirely sure! I did an opk this morn but got no line so will do another at lunchtime maybe and see what happens?? I'm excited but worried that there's something wrong with me if I'm ov-ing early and having long luteal phase?? Agh I duno!!

I know its easy for me to say but honestly hun there is nothing for you to worry about yet! My L phase is 16 days and I have read things about short L phase being a problem but nothing about long L phase! Keep us updated hun. Keep a log of your L phase this month and go from there. x x

It sounds like its your peak, get busy with the baby-making ;-)

I used the monitor for three months (i stopped cos my cycles are very regular and always ov CD13-14 so a waste of money on sticks etc) but on my first month I only got one high then a peak, it was different every month. If you feel the fertile CM aswell then I would say go for it as thats a sure-sign too :) xx

Thanks everyone, got a quick bd in this morn so will keep at it!! Fx for us all!! Xx

Got another peak this morning, tried 3 opks yesterday and got a faint positive at about 1pm so will do some more today! As well as lots of bd-ing!

On the monitor test sticks should two lines come up on the actual stick if I'm ovulating as there is only one? X

They say not to read the test stick as its different for each person, i really do think you OV hun as the monitor says so and also to back that up you was wet! :) If you are not sure then bed every other day until you feel more confident but it does defo sound like you have OV! Woop Woop! Think you are just having a bit of a shorter cycle this month. x

Hi - I've been using the Clear blue digital monitor for about 18 months. Up until three months ago I never got a high reading. I went from low to peak reading on CD13 every month. Three months ago I started getting a high on CD12 - most weird, but I've read some people go from low to peak - something to do with the oestrogen levels rising at the same time as your other hormones. Don't worry about it - as long you're getting that peak!

Thanks ladies, just so many questions when im starting out! lol well ill take it that it is and ill keep going with the bd-ing so final question....when am i in my 2ww ...tomorrow? xx

Hiya,

Dont read into the lines on the sticks for the CBFM as I think I read that each line changes due to the fact that it measures eostrogen and LH so one side will be darker than the other or lighter, depending on what its detecting.
I always OV (from what I can tell) on the first day of peak but diff for everyone. I would say your in the 2WW from tomorrow tho for sure :) xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back