CB digital ovulation test

MrsLaw

Reaction score
This month I've been using the Clearblue digital opk kit with the pink sticks, which show a blank circle for no surge or a solid smiley face when it detects the LH surge.

Problem is I've been getting negatives. I was a bit hesitant to use fmu as when I've used OPKs before I've always tested in the afternoon. I've followed the instructions and used fmu and have been testing once a day since CD15. I've tended to get a positive around CD 18.... Tomorrow morning will be CD 21 and my CM is creamy now.

I'm annoyed that I may have missed it??! Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm not sure how reliable these tests are.

Hi, I'll tell you my experience and hope it helps :)

The first month I got the CB ov kit I got 6 days of smileys, even way by when I ovulated - like you cm etc was creamy. I never got a peak and just gave up! I didn't use them for months and went back to my trusty faithful cheapies. A few months ago I got a positive on a cheapie and thought I'd try the CB test and it was still showing low fertility. The next morning I had strong ovulation pains and an even stronger opk so done the CB test and a peak showed up quickly. I was so surprised! So I went back to using the CB tests the next month from cd10, it was low at first then got high fertility day 13 then got my Peak again on day 14 which matched up with my opks and ovulation pains. I'd keep up with it if you can but do it along side the cheapies. When my second line starts getting darker I start testing with the CB tests too. They're too expensive to waste :lol: some say you need to use them for a couple of months until they get used to your cycle? Keep at them. As soon as I got my Peak I jumped on hubby and got my bfp that month (although it ended in m/c) but it must have been accurate :)

Hope that helps at all xx

Last edited:
Thanks MrsS! Well I still have some tests left so I'll test tomorrow but after that I'll just order some cheapies for my next cycle if I don't get my BFP this month. If I had bought some earlier I would have done what you did and test using them first, that sounds like a good plan and obviously it worked for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back