cats..

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Hi girls

Wondering if anyone else on here has fussy ass cats?

Both my cats every now and then go off theyr food like they won't eat a whole day, the food will lie there then act starving so I'm guessing they don't like the food. I've tried just about every cat food I can think. Although, recently got the pouches in from the local shop yesterday. They have ate 10 pouches of wiska & jelly but they turn theyr nose up at the tin.

They are driving me nuts I dno what they like what they don't. The pouches cost a fortune as apposed to the tins. The pouch has much less in them obv why they have went through the boz in a day but still. I can't buy a box of 10 pouches a day :shock:

Does anyone elses cat do this! They are fussy little buggers and its causing a lot of waste and money :/ but they need to eat ?! Lol

xxxxx

My cats are fussy buggers too but tough. If they don't want it they will go hungry. They won't even touch any supermarket own stuff, so now we give them Felix wet food and go cat biscuits. They still don't eat much of it!

They came to us having been fed royal canin. That stuff costs a bomb!

Xx

See I find when I change it they eat it for a while then leave it. I have been leaving them thinking if theyr starving they'll eat but after seeing them go through all those pouches in one day I'm like they clearly need more.

I dno whether to try splitting theyr food to some in the morning some at night cause we usually just put it out in the morning.

They did fine with this before but now somethings up with them, theyr too spoiled I think!!

Fs, I wouldn't buy really expensive stuff, catfood is catfood, the same. It all stinks!

They sometimes get scraps from us after tea but I've stopped it now because I think theyr wanting more human food, its that bad we can't cut chicken breast now but theyr in meowing thinking its for them!

Suri did something she never did before and actually stole a chicken breast from the plate dragged it to the floor so I was fumin I says your not getting it now, OH says but its a waste, so I chopped it up and both of them turned theyr nose up then eventually ate it!

Cheeky buggers lol xxxxx

The only thing I can think of suggesting is mixing the cat food up in a bowl. Gradually start with 3/4 of the expensive pouches and 1/4 of the cheaper one. .. then week by week reduce it to 1/2 and 1/2 etc. X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Is this a new thing they are doing or did this happen before Jackson?
If its a recent thing it could be stress or attention seeking from you. Having a new baby/change can put them out of sorts sometimes.

I don't have a cat but i have a dog who goes through phases of eating and not, if he doesn't eat then its his loss.

Since M came along he's done the not eating more so I've made sure when she goes to bed the dog gets his time with us.

If its not baby related the. Probably just being fussy kitty cats. I'd just keep offering them it and if they turn their nose up at it then its their fault.

xx

No, its happened before J but its getting worse now like theyr not wanting it maybe second third tin into the pack where as used to happen every so often. Its like one min they'll eat jelly cat food, then they don't bother so I think ill get gravy and tbh they act worse with the gravy, they let it sit and it goes all funny no wonder they don't eat it - butt they eat it when I just put it out? So I dno if its because the food has been sitting ?

They always get plenty time with us, sometimes they sleep in with us but not the last few nights because they go mad at the birds in the morning and wake us LOL.

xxxxx

Could it be the heat? (although I know you've said they've done it before!)

Amber will only eat Science Plan and now I am skint I have tried her on Iams and she just won't eat. She went well over 24 hours on hunger strike!

We only give her wet food occasionally as it normally makes her vom [we give it to her in small amounts but she gobbles it down and makes herself sick]

Maybe you could try a different brand of food?

xxxxxx

Last edited:
My 3 are fussy but I keep them on dry complete, because they are house cats they bloody stink when they toilet on meat.

I've tried many brands including Royal Canin that was so expensive.

Mine settled on Asdas own brand Tiger, Mine eat a kilo between them a week & the boxes come in 1 KG.

I found with mine as long as I change the flavor each week they seem to be ok, but have their off moments. Problem with Asda though there is only 3 flavours, I'm sure dogs &cats must seriously get bored with it.

The thing I don't get is my cats will turn their nose up at cat food, yet happily chow down on pigeon/sparrow/dead rat...lol

Xx

I think cats are fussy creatures by nature lol!!! Every cat I've ever owned has been a fussy wee get!!
I've got a good routine with my two now though, I've learnt over the years that you need to rotate the brand of pouches.
I use one brand for a couple of months then switch before they go off it and just work my way through them until I'm back to the first one again!!
Our feeding routine is this
A pouch goes out in the morning, split between two bowls, but fat Al eats all of this and Hakan isn't too fussed for morning food anyway. Science plan dry food is always available to them, I keep this topped up all the time because its what Hakan eats mostly. In the evening they get asda smart price prawns for dinner!! It's only £1.50 for a bag of these from the freezer section and I defrost half a bag and split it between them for dinner.
It may seem extravagant to be giving them prawns, but it has saved me a small fortune buying cat food that they won't eat!!

Lol I've literally tried all the brands that I will be able to afford long term, I've tried whiskas, felix, stores own brands the lot! They just get easily board. I've tried giving them just dry food but they dnt like it on its own atall - yet they love dreamies/nibbles ? Theyr fly little shits!

I'm gna go to pets at home and see if they have any good food for them but not too expensive. I don't mind paying for it for them but I mean they never used to be like this! Theyv just got snobby I think!

I don't think its the heat because theyv ate a whole box of pouches in a day and its still warm here, sometimes the cats vom if they eat the food too quick too. That's what I mean aswell they tuck in for the first 5-10 mins then go, mehhh, don't want it lolol!

xxxxx

We can't afford for ours to be fussy!!

We have 6!!! 5 eat cat meat & biscuits but 1 will only eat biscuits. They have Tesco's own and if they don't want it they go hungry!! They all eat it so happy days!

2 adults, 2 LO's & 6 moggys, we have a tight budget! lol x

I'd love another cat. I've been kitten broody for ages. My youngest tabby is 2 now, so I NEEED a kitty lolol xxxxx

My cats are not eating due to the heat......but they soon perk up for a bit of chicken or ham!!

I do feed Royal Canin Siamese, in the long run I've found it to be very economical one sack lasts 3 months for my 3 and their litter tray is ok on it!!!

They do get a little bit of chicken/ham etc last thing at night just to get the little buggers in!! Occasionally they have Applaws or NaturesMenu too.

They're being greedy little buggers if they've gone through 10 sachets in one day! If you're feeding wet food alone then your average cat shouldn't need more than 3 sachets a day.

I tend to find that cats get less anxious about feed times if they have access to dry food all day.

I currently have 3 cats and over the years what's worked best for us is keeping a bowl of dried down and giving them a small meal of wet morning and evening. I've been lucky and most of my cats have been self regulating weight wise. Currently I have two that I have to watch. One is prone to putting on weight and I have to watch his intake and my Bengal girl is getting older and I have to make sure she gets a bit of extra wet food to keep in condition.

They all decide at some point they don't like what they've been given (apart from the fat one, he's like a dustbin) but it's tough. They'll eat if they're hungry.

I feed them hills science oral feline which helps keep there teeth in good shape and sachets or tins. To be honest I normally buy what's on offer wet food wise.

Do your cats go out? I wonder if they're topping up catching stuff themselves. Basically if they look healthy and you can't see they're rib they're prob ok.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Bloody cats! Nothing but selfish! They either cost you a fortune or stray!
We have three cats and they used to do this, now they eat Asda homebrand the same flavour all the time, which is lucky for three cats. They get fed with biscuits in the day once then fed meat at night.
Basically what i'm trying to say is cats are very clever and intelligent animals, our cats have the choice to eat what they've got or starve. Simple x

Bloody cats! Nothing but selfish! They either cost you a fortune or stray!
We have three cats and they used to do this, now they eat Asda homebrand the same flavour all the time, which is lucky for three cats. They get fed with biscuits in the day once then fed meat at night.
Basically what i'm trying to say is cats are very clever and intelligent animals, our cats have the choice to eat what they've got or starve. Simple x

Ours will only eat felix fish or felix sensations fish at 5er a box of 12 :/ ( have 3 cats)
And we always have whiskas complete biccies down - they have half a pouch of wet food in morning and night with unlimited access to biccies- they are fatties so must be doing something right lol

I got asdas own brand fish selection jelly kind because they were leaving the gravy.

3 tins into the pack, all have been eaten.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back