cat poo!!!!

hayes

Reaction score
Im sure i have read somewhere that you shouldnt clean the cat litter tray if you are pg, but i have too.

I have a cat(called molly)and when hubby isnt here i cant just leave it i do use a scoop and i put it straight into a bag n straight into the bin and then use hand gel so shud b ok right???

Bit worried now.

Michelle. x

I have a cat too and if I am lucky enough to get preggers I will continue to do her litter tray.

I will invest in some disposable gloves but as long as you don't touch the pooh I am sure it's fine (and I mean who actually touches cats pooh??)

I think they make far too much of an issue out of it... If you accudently come into contact with cat shit then you wash your hands?? :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I think you can get a test done to see if your immune at the doctors as if you already have a cat you may be. I would advise even if you are to avoid it if poss but if you need to you need to

its because ALL animal faeces contain toxoplamosis which is dangerous to pregnant women so just wear gloves

as long as your not cleaning the tray out with your face you willl be fine lovely

as long as your not cleaning the tray out with your face you willl be fine lovely

Haha!! So need to get that image out of my head lol!!!

I'm lucky enough to have a lovely other half who refuses to let me change our cat tray out now, we have 3 cat's so there is often alot of crap in there :D

its because ALL animal faeces contain toxoplamosis which is dangerous to pregnant women so just wear gloves

LOL !!

But very true

xxxxxxx

I'd just wear gloves (and a gas mask if any of my cats poops were anything to go by) and ull be fine. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks girls, i dont use my face lol, but i havent worn gloves either so far so i will start doing that. My hubby does do it alot but sumtimes im guna just have too i think.

Michelle. x

yeah you should do hun but the risk is minimal! also stay awaying from lambing ewes......another random animal fact when pregnant

I don't wear gloves - I may when I am preggers I guess but I have cleaned my little girls shit out every day for almost 4 years and never touched it :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

yeah you dont need to touch it when you got a pooper scoop lol!

why dont you try the litter bags you can get that you just pull the strings and it gathers the whole tray up, i used to havea cat and these were ok apart from she used to have a party with the litter when she pee'd and flicked it all over!

We have an enclpsed litter tray and my God does the little furr ball make a lot of noise when she uses it.

She sometimes manages to kick her litter out of the [closed] door LOL

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Try having 3 cats trying to crap at the same time in one cat tray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cat molly use to go outside in the summer but now its winter she pretty much stays indoors. Il prob get sum gloves but i have neva touched it before and always use the hand gel that kills 99%of germs after. Fx it will b ok.

Michelle. x

I work in a rescue centre for dogs and cats and I spend the vast majority of my day picking up poop! I just make sure I wear gloves and wash my hands afterwards. I also have to do a fair amount of drug handling and again I just wear gloves.

I am sure as long as you are careful it won't be a problem.

XX

Just heard that about lambing ewes - why is that out of interest? Xxx

LOL I have 3 cats too, (zulu, madiba and little roxy) and i have often wondered about this.... dh is doing the litter and that now already for me as he doesnt want me doing it... although there are some days he sometimes has to work lae soi do it - but i just wear gloves and wash my hands afterwards :)
However i have wondered ... if perhaps by some small miracle i do eventually fall preggers.... what to do when bubba comes?
I have heard some people say that its so bad for children as cats can walk particles through the house? also ... totally thinking too much into it now, but... i have watched friends of mine who leave bubba playing on a mat whilst doing bottles etc.... does it mean coz i have cats i cant leave baby at all?
x

LOL I have 3 cats too, (zulu, madiba and little roxy) and i have often wondered about this.... dh is doing the litter and that now already for me as he doesnt want me doing it... although there are some days he sometimes has to work lae soi do it - but i just wear gloves and wash my hands afterwards :)
However i have wondered ... if perhaps by some small miracle i do eventually fall preggers.... what to do when bubba comes?
I have heard some people say that its so bad for children as cats can walk particles through the house? also ... totally thinking too much into it now, but... i have watched friends of mine who leave bubba playing on a mat whilst doing bottles etc.... does it mean coz i have cats i cant leave baby at all?
x

I've never heard of any babies dying as thier parents have a kitty? :)

As long as my future LO doesn't roll around in the litter tray I am sure it will be fine!

xxxxxxx

x

I've never heard of any babies dying as thier parents have a kitty? :)

As long as my future LO doesn't roll around in the litter tray I am sure it will be fine!

xxxxxxx

LOL TRUE!! My cats are totally spoilt and i guess i worry about silly things like laying on baby's face etc ... (although one of my friends does have 2 kitties and her little girl is perfectly healthy and fine lol)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back