Castor oil

hope2014

Reaction score
Hiya ladies hope you are all well. I'm new to this part of the forum and looking for a little advice please if any one can help. He's my story so far.
Me and OH have been trying to conceive for nearly 3 years with no luck. Finally decided to go for tests to find out what was happening and it turns out oh is fine but I have 2 blocked tubes and no explanation why I also have a 5.5cm cyst on my left ovary and a smaller one adjacent to it. My day 2 and 21 bloods was low and got to have an operation in a few weeks to remove the cysts due to being type 1 diabetic. Been told the only way to have a child is ivf but asked them to try unblock my tubes while removing the cysts.
Been reading up on castor oil packs and says they are really good for shrinking cysts and unblocking tubes. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and had success.
Also if anyone has had surgery to unblock tubes and managed to conceive naturally? My heads a mess at the min and I just need someone to talk to and keep me calm.
Any advice is much appreciated and thank you for reading
Vicky x

Hi hun, I have no idea about castor oil although it is interesting to know. My OH is fine too so I know what it is like. Just wanted to say that it will happen, take everything they offer and try to think positive (easy to say, I know). Big hugs xxx

Thank you phonixgirl. Hospital aren't really offering me anything. They don't want to try un blocking my tubes but I don't see the problem with it seen as they are removing the cysts they might as well try sort my tubes out at same time. Not sure if they was just pushing me to try ivf as I won't get funding on the nhs for it so will cost me 3500 and it's not guaranteed to work so I don't want to go down that road yet. I don't know what I'm more worried about. Don't know if it's the outcome after my op or frightened I'll not wake up. Silly I know just so emotional at moment cos all I want is my own child. Doesn't help my sister in law has just announced she's pregnant with twins x

Oh no, that is really difficult. We had been trying for five or so years when my brother-in-law's gf told us she was pregnant... by accident. At the same time, DH's cousin got pregnant by accident and a couple of months after having the baby she got pregnant by accident again! I have found things like that really difficult as it has been such a struggle for us.

I don't know why they aren't unblocking your tubes either. Have you asked why? Maybe they can't for whatever reason.

It is entirely normal to have those worries about the operation but just think, they do that every day and know exactly what they are doing. You will be fine honey.

I only get one go at IVF on the NHS where I live, so after that we will be paying too. My mum has offered to pay but I feel bad knowing that it might not succeed. Xxx

They haven't said why they don't want to try to unblock them. They don't even know why they are blocked so who knows. I will know more on Monday I hope when I go for my pre op assessment. By the looks of the results from my hsg my tubes are blocked from the uterus so hopefully it's just a partial blockage. I've done so much reading up on it I'm starting to go insane with all the options. I've got a long list for the surgeon to do for me depending on the outcome of what they find but don't think they will try it. Worth a shot tho I guess. Just want it over and done with now so I can know for sure if I'll ever have a family. I have been trying the castor oil pack for the last 2 nights and when I've gone to bed I've felt movement in my lower abdomen so hopefully it's working and breaking up what ever is blocking them. I will try anything at the moment to see if it works xx

Oh wow, I really hope it does work. Amazing if so!

I know what you mean about having a long list... It took me ages to get a diagnosis so I was trying everything. They kept refusing to give me what I really wanted (metformin) but eventually I saw a different doctor at the clinic who was willing to try it. I ask the nurses about supplements I know are good for my condition and they have never heard of them!

Good luck for Monday. I think if they can do something then they should. X

I'm really hoping they will do something. It's all talk at moment and no action tho. Will know for sure what the problem is when I have the op tho and that day can't come quick enough at mi even tho I'm dreading it xx

Hi phonixgirl just to let you know my pre op assessment went well and I should be in theater in a couple of weeks. Just waiting for confirmation. They are really happy with my diabetes my sugar levels are 6.4 my ca125 blood results was 8 my blood pressure was fine and my weight is my ideal weight so they have agreed to remove they cysts I have and do tubal cannulation to unblock both my tubes. So hopefully fingers crossed I will get the best Christmas present ever. Will keep you updated on my results and I just want to thank you for keeping me sane. Xxx

Oh that's fantastic :) Hopefully you will indeed get the best Christmas present ever xx

I'm really hoping so. Fingers crossed :) still a little worried but at least I'm getting to the bottom of it all xxx

Hi phonixgirl hope your ok. I've had the call from the hospital today and I'm booked in for next Friday for my operation. Feeling really frightened now but can't wait. Hope its all good when I wake up. Will keep you posted xxx

Good luck with the op hun. I am sure everything will go fine :) and you won't feel a thing xxx

Update on my operation phonixgirl. Wasn't a success :-( turns out I didn't have cysts it was inflamed tubes that the scan picked up so no idea how they got that wrong. They tried tubal cannulation but it didn't work as my tubes are really badly damaged and basically sewn together with scar tissue. Still have no idea what's gone wrong they didn't even know so putting it down to pid. I've never had an infection tho apart from cystitis and thrush and always been treated at the gp for that with being diabetic. So end result I have no chance of having a child of my own. Even said ivf wouldn't work. Will know more when I go for a check up tho hopefully. So sore at the moment and can't walk 5 steps without crying and basically just fail like a big failure in life. Xxx

Oh no. Massive hugs hun. I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself as you need to get better. What about surrogacy or adoption? Xx

Have spoke about it but only briefly. My minds not in it at the moment I just keep crying. Oh has been brilliant tho and even asked me to marry him but I'm still waiting for the ring. So that's took my mind off it a little. I will be fine I've got through worse things in life up to now so I'm sure I'll get through this. Will just take time xxx

So sorry this has all turned out like this . Did they say why Ivf wouldn't be an option? I thought people who had tube issues were recommended ivf?

They didn't say. I've got an appointment through to see the surgeon again on 22nd of November to talk things through. I'm putting it down to me being type 1 diabetic but we will see. I received my letter from the hospital telling me what they actually found while in theater and basically all it says is extensive adhesion discovered in pelvis, no ovarian cysts, both tubes swollen, blocked and tethered along most of length. Adhesions divided and fallopian tubes opened at fimbrial end and drained. Dye test revealed bilateral blockage remained. So no idea what next steps are now. I know I won't get a free go of ivf because oh already has children and we have both agreed that it's a lot of money to spend if it's not going to work. Been reading up on a lot if things and a lot of sites say serrapetase and castor oil packs are good for breaking down scar tissue so I've ordered so me try. Can't use either till my wounds have healed tho. So once I start I will keep you all up to date. I still have a little hope left in me that I can do this naturally so we shall see. Xxx

Hi hope, congratulations on your engagement. Sorry to hear the outcome of your op wasn't what you wanted. I also thought ivf would be suitable for you, are there any issues with your uterus or is it only your tubes that are the problem? I know it is a lot of money but I know I would always be thinking 'what if' if we didn't do everything we could to try for children. Something to consider anyway. Hope you are healing well.

Hi snowbee. I don't really know anything more than what it says in my report. I will just have to wait and see what they say when I go back. We really can't afford ivf and won't get a free go of it due to oh having children already. I've started taking serrapetase so hopefully that's working in unblocking my tubes. (Tmi sorry) I've had quite a lot off tissue come out of me the past few days since taking them so fingers crossed it's all the scar tissue. I've looked into acupuncture and when I'm healed I will be doing the castor oil packs again along with fertility massage. I'm more determined than ever to prove to the hospital I can have a baby without the help of ivf. I've stopped smoking which is killing me and I have a real short temper at the moment buy will be worth it I hope. I'm getting up 3-4 times in the night and checking my sugar levels (diabetic) they all seem good at the moment. And I will be going back to the gym and swimming once I've had my stitches out. So hopefully this will all work for me but if not at least I'm on the right track to being fit and healthy again xx

Hi hope2014
Would love an update regarding the castor oil. Did it do anything at all ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back