Carpel tunnel surgery whilst pregnant - anyone had this?

BettyHoop

Reaction score
I've had quite severe CTS since my mid 20s - I'm now 32. Before I found out I was pregnant I decided to start the ball rolling for the op - I was terrified of it for so many years but it's gotten so bad the thought of carrying on with it like this outweighs the op fear.

Saw the consultant yesterday and he said it's best to get it done whilst still pregnant as I'll need my hands to look after a baby! It's safe and effective and won't affect the pregnancy.

I'm trying to put on a brave face but I'm worried I'll be so nervous it'll affect the baby? Has anyone else had it done? They want to do the first one when in about a month when I'll be 12w+

What are people's views on this? Xx

I have CTS but not to the extent needing surgery at the moment. I found at times bottle and especially breast feeding my first uncomfortable.

I would go with the Drs opinion - I assume it will be done under a local anaesthetic so isn't a risk to baby.

Hi, yes it will be done under a local. It's gotten so bad lately I'm really not sleeping well and I'm actually looking forward to having it done now! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back