Career and TTC advice

Discussion in 'Waiting to Try' started by Mariah442011, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Mariah442011

Mariah442011 New Member

Hello all! This is my first time posting on a pregnancy forum but I just wanted to see what other advice I could get from other people. So I’ll just get straight to it. I am not a mom but I do want kids. I am 26 and my husband is 28. We have been married for 8 years, together for 12. My husband wants kids soon but my desire to go back to school to be a dental hygienist is proving planning children difficult. I also want to have Atleast one child before I turn 30. I know going back to school for this career is not guaranteed therefore it makes it hard to even plan around it. I also would like to point out that the only chance I will get to apply is early 2021 with classes starting in the fall. I will be 28 at this point and would graduate at 30. I am considering TTC (trying to conceive) this upcoming summer 2020 but am worried it will come back to bite me if I get accepted into a program and have to go back to school with a young baby. My question is should I just wait to see if I get into a program and if I do should I just TTC (trying to conceive) after I graduate at 30? Or TTC (trying to conceive) this summer and make it work with possibly going back to school with a young baby in tow? I don’t have a strong desire to wait till I’m 30 to have my first so planning is proving difficult. Please keep advice and opinions friendly and helpful. Thanks!

2. SugaryIris

SugaryIris Well-Known Member

You never know how long it will take to conceive, it’s not something you can plan to an exact date or time in your life. I know plenty of women who have studied with young children and I myself was studying whilst ttc. A child obviously could make studying more difficult though.
    Only you and your husband can know what is the right option for you.

best of luck in whatever you decide x

Kitana and chattychar1990 like this.