Career and TTC advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariah442011

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first time posting on a pregnancy forum but I just wanted to see what other advice I could get from other people. So I’ll just get straight to it. I am not a mom but I do want kids. I am 26 and my husband is 28. We have been married for 8 years, together for 12. My husband wants kids soon but my desire to go back to school to be a dental hygienist is proving planning children difficult. I also want to have Atleast one child before I turn 30. I know going back to school for this career is not guaranteed therefore it makes it hard to even plan around it. I also would like to point out that the only chance I will get to apply is early 2021 with classes starting in the fall. I will be 28 at this point and would graduate at 30. I am considering TTC (trying to conceive) this upcoming summer 2020 but am worried it will come back to bite me if I get accepted into a program and have to go back to school with a young baby. My question is should I just wait to see if I get into a program and if I do should I just TTC (trying to conceive) after I graduate at 30? Or TTC (trying to conceive) this summer and make it work with possibly going back to school with a young baby in tow? I don’t have a strong desire to wait till I’m 30 to have my first so planning is proving difficult. Please keep advice and opinions friendly and helpful. Thanks!

You never know how long it will take to conceive, it’s not something you can plan to an exact date or time in your life. I know plenty of women who have studied with young children and I myself was studying whilst ttc. A child obviously could make studying more difficult though.
Only you and your husband can know what is the right option for you.

best of luck in whatever you decide x

Hello all! This is my first time posting on a pregnancy forum but I just wanted to see what other advice I could get from other people. So I’ll just get straight to it. I am not a mom but I do want kids. I am 26 and my husband is 28. We have been married for 8 years, together for 12. My husband wants kids soon but my desire to go back to school to be a dental hygienist is proving planning children difficult. I also want to have Atleast one child before I turn 30. I know going back to school for this career is not guaranteed therefore it makes it hard to even plan around it. I also would like to point out that the only chance I will get to apply is early 2021 with classes starting in the fall. I will be 28 at this point and would graduate at 30. I am considering TTC (trying to conceive) this upcoming summer 2020 but am worried it will come back to bite me if I get accepted into a program and have to go back to school with a young baby. My question is should I just wait to see if I get into a program and if I do should I just TTC (trying to conceive) after I graduate at 30? Or TTC (trying to conceive) this summer and make it work with possibly going back to school with a young baby in tow? I don’t have a strong desire to wait till I’m 30 to have my first so planning is proving difficult. Please keep advice and opinions friendly and helpful. Thanks!
I think it’s all up to you but do consider that some people aren’t aware that it may take them longer to conceive than they expected or consider a chance of miscarriage.

We had one early miscarriage and it really effected me and put me off trying for a year. That being said we had no problems with our second try and I was pregnant during a busy year of work where I was also studying for a higher qualification. It all worked out fine in the end and I finished off my final project and submitted it when my daughter was only a week old.

Just a different take on it...
Keep in mind once you start trying you might fall pregnant straight away too. Don't hedge your bets on TTC being a long difficult process and then end up rushing in if you are not totally ready for it.

There are advantages to studying first and getting your career in order so when you begin your family you are in a better position to just enjoy that time with bub and be financially less stretched.

There are advantages to having your family early making study and career fit in around bub. Plenty of mums do it and love that they were young when they had kids even though they needed to study part time and compromise in other areas.

Goodluck with your decision!

Unfortunately it took me over 4 years to conceive my 1st and 3 years to conceive my 2nd - needed ivf due to issues.

Planning when to have a baby does not always work out the way you want it, so just be prepared for this.

I suggest you think about what you really want and work around that. Plus, you could do both, lots of people do.

Good luck xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back