car seats

mum&2girls

Reaction score
front facing carseats can jayde go in hers now shes 9 months or does she have to be a certain weight??????????

she needs to weigh 20 lbs or more and also be 9 months old..... hope she likes her new seat

luke is only 18lbs and apparently they should be 20lbs but he outgrew his babyseat so i did put him in it now but it is the britax evolva 123 which is very padded and he looks ok, not sure what others are like.

Ellie didn't reach 20lb until around her first birthday. She was outgrowing her first seat at about 6-7months (at least with coats on). So we bought a Britax FirstClass SI seat which allows you to use it rear and forward facing. I personally don't feel it is worth the risk in turning them forward facing too soon. You won't know if it is "alright" or not until they are in a serious accident.

Jake has only just gone in to his front facing car seat now at nearly 14 months old. He has only just got to 20lbs :D We kept him in his baby car seat which was apparently ok as his head wasn't over the top of the seat. If they outgrow their baby car seat length wise but arn't heavy enough for the forward facing seat then they need to go in a combination seat which goes from rear to forward facing when they are heavy enough.

Dylan had his after xmas ..i bought an evolution123. He was 21.5 Lbs before xmas but not had him weighed since ...THey advice that they can sit for 20-30 mins before been in front facing

Willow has been front facing since about 7 1/2 months i was told as long as they can sit for 30 mins or more without support than they will be fine to go forward facing, willow enjoys it more as well as she can see where we are going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back