Car seats

l_maclean

Reaction score
Noticed there's been a couple of posts about car seats, including further stage ones. Just wanted to share a link for those looking at car seats

Www.rearfacing.co.uk

There is talk of the law changing to keep children rear facing for longer, as rear facing car seats can be up to 5times safer than forward facing.

I wasn't aware of this when I first bought a car seat, but stumbled on the info accidentally, but I'm glad I did. We know have an 'extended rear facing' seat for DD, and will do the same for bump.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I'm glad they are thinking of changing the law, it's about time. I was absolutely stunned when I first started researching ERF seats when DS was small at how much safer they are and I still can't believe that so many of the major car seat retailers will still recommend FF seats to parents as soon as their LOs reach 9 months or so. I have to admit I cringe when I see small babies in FF seats, and that's not intended to be any judgement on the parents because if that's what's being recommended to them how are they to know any different. The law change can't come quick enough in my opinion as then retailers will be forced to stock ERF seats, parents will be made aware of the safety benefits and as demand increases hopefully prices will drop as well which would be another welcome change xxx

Last edited:
Yeah, the lack of info is shocking. The weight of impact a little neck takes in RF vs FF shocked me - its like a 10fold difference - not just a little bit.

I asked in halfords when a rf then ff seat HAD to go FF (thinking DD is quite little a 0+ might be a good option for MILs car) and was told - oh you change them at 9months. Erm... No she's already a year and still RF. so much for training!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

See I could do with a rear facing seat. My son is 3 and a half months but is already 75cm tall. He is fast out growing his first car seat and I worry about having to put him in the next size up which I assumed would have to be forward facing, when he doesn't have the neck control for it. Does anyone have any idea of where I could get one?

The one I have goes from birth till 4 I think it is and faces both ways xxx Britain one it is xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back