Car seat...

Bubbles1987

Reaction score
So looking for bit if advice. Got the cosatto giggle but wasnt initially going to get car seat that matched as more expensive and believe baby shouldn't be in car seat too long anyway. But halfords have it on sale for £80 so tempted. Only problem is it doesn't recline. Does this matter? Do I go for a cheaper one which doesn't recline? Or a bit more expensive which does recline? Not many recline which makes me think its not that important. Won't be travelling hours and hours with baby but nearest big town and city is hour away so will prob go for hour long journeys alot, does this need recline? In absolute confusion! At work I do talk to new mums about car seats and safety so annoyed I don't know there things. All I know is I always say as long as not second hand the cheaper ones are just as safe as long as fitted correctly. Xxx

as far as im aware it dosent matter if the first stage ones recline, its the 9 month+ ones that you have to take that into consideration for extended reaf facing etc as thats safer and comfire if the rear face longer and recline.

WSS, most infant carriers are reasonably reclined anyways, it's the next stage ones where you have more options to consider.
Xxx

Thanks that's what I thought might be case as was so few on market. Thanks guys :) xx

Like you've said as long as baby not in it for hours then it'll be fine, ours doesn't recline either. We're just dithering over whether to get a base unit or not!

There is just too many decisions when it comes to babies!! :) xx

We got the fisher price one from Argos was 35 instead of70 as we don't drive I didn't want to spend a lot on one x

Agree recline not a big deal. The main thing is a baby. Up till I think 9months should not be in a car seat for more than an hr without at least a 20min break lead flat so for any long journey you should take breaks and only use a car seat on the chasis of a travel system for short trips into shops etc x

Agree recline not a big deal. The main thing is a baby. Up till I think 9months should not be in a car seat for more than an hr without at least a 20min break lead flat so for any long journey you should take breaks and only use a car seat on the chasis of a travel system for short trips into shops etc x

It's no where near as short as that. And by 9 months my DD was pretty much walking, so def not laid flat. A couple of hours is fine.

As for the base - you can get it they are a god send!! Takes two secs to move car seat, and also means when LO is older and your not lifting the whole seat all the time you don't have to undo anything - if your only using the seat belt you have to unfasten and unhook it to get child out.

Am only going by information provided to me at antenatal class and by the sales girl at mammas and papas who sold us the seat. The reasons I was given was that the first few months they can suffer breathing problems otherwise iv tried looking online and most websites differ it seems there is no official rule. Strange that there is no conclusive evidence anywhere. I will try n stick to the hr rule myself at least while baby is v little just in case but so hard to know what is right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back