car seat question

Jadie

Reaction score
hiya, i have been brougt as a gift a silver cross car seat, i fitted it today and it looks very small and not very padded compared to others i have seen.

can you tell me where i could go to check i fit it correcly and its suitable for my car?

I am not due till march but would like to know now if this is not correct!

many thanks, jadie

Is it brand new?

If so I would go to Mothercare or John Lewis, and pretend you want to buy one the same.
Those places are really good, it helps to see how long it takes to fit it and how much of a pain it is to get in and out.

i think its last years model, so may not be any in shops now!

You can go to Halfords or a car garage as they check them for you too, a big garage like a ford dealer etc, not odd job john.

ok, thanks!

Will do that, i have a teddy womble in it just now!!!

The AA does free carseat inspections! There should be one near to you and I would trust them more than anyone else. Halfords does do checks, but the advice and acurate feedback depends on who you deal with. They sell car seats and can be more interested in selling you a new one when the one you've got is perfectly good!!
I'd go with AA - that's exactly what they're there for!
Good luck
Emilia x

hi i was at my anti natal class this week and car seats came up. The fire service check car seats etc they are fully trained. You just need to ring your local station to arrange a time to go. My friend had her car seat checked at halfords, a young lad did the check and she didn't really feel very confident with what he did so she went to mothercare. They only check to see i you have fitted it correctly they won't do it for you.

Hope that helps

lucy

33+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back