Car seat head support

pringle88

Reaction score
Ella is starting to look quite squished in her car seat, how old were your LO's when you removed the head support? I know the car seat is protective without it but I wasn't sure if there was a certain age u had to keep it in til? Thanks. X

Hey,
I left the head bit in (as mine moved, so could move it up as he got longer). He never seemed to wide for the car seat. He just got too long for it and far to heavy for me to carry. But he fitted in the car seat until he was around 8 months then we moved to the forward facing one xxxxx

I took my head support thing out when Jacob was 3 months as that's when they are meant to have good head control even though he had it before that but that's what it said in the book and only just realised that you can take out some of the polystyrene support out of them too when they get bigger, l thought I was gonna need a new seat but found that online in the instructions :lol:

Is there a padded bit in the carseat as well? I have a maxicosi cabrio and it has a padded triangle in the insert that you can remove. This makes loads of room to keep the head bit in. You can also buy seperate head supports so you could be one of those and put it in which might give her more room. I think I left it in until about 5/6 months. Shes 18 months now and still in her infant seat lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back