Car Seat Fitting/Checking

Poispinner

Reaction score
Does anywhere check/fit your car seat for free? I know Mothercare do but their website says it has to be purchased from them and mine isnt. Anyone had theres fitted after purchasing online?

Halfords used to do it, I think they still do?

Or sometimes other big baby stores have events on every now and then where they do free fitting or check it etc

Yes halfords do!

I bought mine from a random online shop as it was way cheaper than mothercare (£40/50 off I think) but then took it to mothercare and told them I'd bought it online from them and they fitted it

I wouldn't trust any of them after the recent Watchdog segment!

From the many stories I have heard, I really wouldn't trust Halfords or Mothercare to fit a car seat for me! Maybe some individuals who work there are fine but I have experience of them really not knowing what they are talking about when it comes to car seat advice.

I would go with http://www.goodeggcarsafety.com/ukincar/incar/car_clinics/

Edit: On the good egg website, certain branches of Halfords, Mothercare and Mamas and Papas have been accredited and follow the good egg standard of car seat advice. Maybe you are lucky and one is near you? Personally I think it should be mandatory for every car seat retailer to comply with this standard...

Last edited:
I used to work for an independent nursery shop. And we would only check car seats that was bought from us. X

Some councils will check your car seat if you have already bought it. Most shops will only check before a sale.

I know our Roads Policing Unit (traffic police) do it here if you ask. May be worth checking where you are.

We got ours from Mother care back in July last year and they told us they weren't allowed to fit it. Our local council are doing a free check scheme so maybe check with yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back