Car seat / 3dr car /airbag question!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Bek234, May 31, 2013.

1. Bek234

Bek234 Well-Known Member

So our car seat can be put in the front or back seat.
    But thought as we have a 3dr car it would be easier and more convenient to have baby in the front, so I can see her when driving alone too.

BUT... My front passenger airbag needs to be turned off, to be safe for a car seat in the front. Turns out that the only people at ford can turn it off and want to charge me £100!!!

I've a friend at a garage who has tried to check this but confirms it has to be done by ford machine and his wouldn't work.

So my question is... Where in your car does baby sit? How inconvenient is it to have baby in the back of a 3dr?

I won't be going anywhere long distance. Pretty much 10-20 min journeys at most. Xx

Tapatalking. X

2. lauralou

lauralou Well-Known Member

I had a 3 door with my little boy and I got a base for the car seat, so it made it ten times easier to get him in and out. The car seat just clicks in and out of the base, so u don't have to faff with the seat belt each time x

3. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Well-Known Member

We have a three door car and the car seat is fine going in the back. The only thing to watch for is people parking too close and not leaving enough room for you to open the door to get the seat out. If you're in parent and child it's not a problem though. Personally I think it's safer having baby in the back seat.

4. Titch85

Titch85 Well-Known Member

#4 Titch85, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. Bek234

Bek234 Well-Known Member

Think ill see how I get on for the first few weeks and then decide, £100 is a lot of money could do without spending!
    It's a carry seat so will be taking it in and out a lot. Xx

Tapatalking. X

6. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

You cab get mirrors to attach to head rest so you can see little one in car seat.

Also I second the base, actually means you don't need to always remove the car seat. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

7. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

We have a 3 door car and used a base in the back so it was really easy to get baby in and out. When my LO got bigger I would leave the seat in the car and put him in and out. We're not planning on changing cars so will do the same with this LO x