can't wait for the 2nd scan

Vera

Reaction score
Hello!

I can't wait for my 2nd scan next week Friday... I am just so curious to see the little one again. when I read how large the baby is supposed to be already and all the kicking :twisted: that is going on just now - I really don't know where it is hiding inside me as I am not showing very much yet. however put on some weight - but just all over my body. and I really want to know what it is going to be... what about you, do you already know, did your little ones reveal their gender???

I had my first scan 1.5 weeks ago (the twelve week one) and I have to wait TEN WEEKS for the next one!!! I'm tearing my hair out already I just want more confirmation that my baby is still doing well.... I am so impatient!!
Also by the way I currently live in Kent but my hubby works in Aberdeen and we are currently trying to sell our flat so I can move up to Aberdeen - we may be neighbours in a few months time!
Good luck with your next scan xxx

I think we would be delivering our babies around the same time.

The first time my doctor said the baby's EDD was 21st August, then she said said on my first scan it could be 2nd September , now based on my second scan she thinks it will be on the 27th August...

I live in Ghana with my husband though I am originally from Nepal, and hubby from Holland.

By the way, were youa ble to see your baby well enough during your 12th week visit? We could not see ours too well but we did hear the heartbeat though. The doc said the baby was moving around too much (fortunatley a good sign) so the scan was difficult.... and another thing is the baby's mouth was wide open... is that normal atthis stage you think?

hope to hear form you! Good Luck

Hi August,

thanks for your reply - so you are going to have a real multi-culturell baby then. what is it like to be pregnant in Ghana??? Which language are you going to speak with your baby?
regarding the scan - I think I was lucky and we had a very clear picture at 11 weeks (first scan). I drank a lot of water before the scan and tried to have mostly low-fibre food (to avoid bloating)... it's another 2 days now and I am getting really excited. hubby has a day-off and I am glad he can come too! please keep in touch... it's nice to know other summer-mummies :)

Vera and :?: 20+4

I loved going for my scans but I think the best thing about them was that it was was a great thing for my husband. He could actually see the baby moving and see what it was doing (even when it looked like it was picking it's nose) and that was a good experiance for him.

Hello! Vera,

I guess the kid will be all over the continents... She/he will have like a Ghanaian citizenship, a Dutch one and a Nepali one... how fun no restrictions in travelling when its ready.

I think the basic language will be English at home, almost all developing countries have a Dutch Kindergarten so it will be sent there to learn some Dutch and with Nepali I will have to do it all alone... so well English, Nepali and Dutch would be the languages....

Hubby and i have agreed that if it's a girl she will get an Asian/ Sanskrit name and if it's a boy then he will be called Noam...

I think drinking water before the scan is a real good idea, my mom told me that so nect time i go i.e. like 15 days later I willd rink plent of water...

Are you drinking some wine once in a while or not at all... I am not doing it but hubby tells me it is ok.. am not tempted though so no problem....

Good luck with your scan and happy viewing. :D

It's a BOY!!!!
Ach, it was so wonderful to see my little Baby :D . The most important thing: everything is fine and it was moving around - you could really see everything so clearly - WOW!!!! I am so happy!!! and then finally we asked if she could see the sex - and it was pretty obvious (scrotum and little penis ;-) But this was actually my intuition - I even bought a bundle of baby boys clothes on ebay! I'll see if I can upload the scan picture on my profile...hubby was there as well and it was just so nice. So we're going to celebrate tonight!

Congrats. I think mine might be a boy too even though I want a girl. As long as the little one is healthy it doesn't matter. My mommy even thinks its a boy. She says she has a daughter she wants a Grandson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back