Can't stop thinking about ttc

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After Loss' started by SmallPurpleCat, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SmallPurpleCat

SmallPurpleCat Well-Known Member

Only had mc on Friday but I'm already thinking about ttc - just feel the need to be pregnant again. I guess this is normal but I feel guilty too.

Anyway, I was wondering, when should I start using OPKs? Do I need to wait until I get a BFN?

Thanks

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

Opks will pick up on any leftover hcg in ur system so best to wait til ur hpt are negative before trying again.

After my mc all I wanted to do was ttc again, unfortunately it took 3 months to get over my mc with eventually a d&c op. We tried straight away, and caught on the cycle after my first AF.

Wish u all the best in getting ur lil bean :hugs: xx

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

Oh hun,

I totally hear you!

I would def wait for a negative though....

It took me 3 months from 1st m/c to TTC again.

I fell in 2nd cycle after m/c and then miscarried again. Very nexy cycle I fell pregnant again and miscarried again....

It is not set in stone but some research suggests that getting pregnant straight after a m/c highers the risk of another one [however there are many ladies that have had healthy babies conceiving straight after m/c - everyone is very different]

I had my last m/c in early Nov and decided NOT to go back to TTC for my next cycle. I figured my body had been through enough :shock:

I am so sorry that you had to suffer a loss and I wish you well.

Let your body heal and good luck with whatever you decide to do

xxxxxxxx

#3 CARNAT22, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012