cant sleep!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by littlesmoosh, Dec 14, 2011.

  1. littlesmoosh

    littlesmoosh Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    0
    im sure i seen a thread about this like a week ago. but still.
    i just cannot sleep for the life of me! everytime i begin to nod off i wake up and need to get comfy again. ive tried sleeping up the top of the bed. down the bottom. with and without covers. ive tried sleeping in every position apart from on my stomach! but nothings working. its driving me nuts. i feel so exhausted! and this is me before theres a big bump in the way! and now i have work tonight. i work in a nightclub so wont get to bed til about 5am. feeling really sorry for myself today :( xx
     
  2. MrsT2011

    MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    2,365
    Likes Received:
    0
    Poor you Hun x
    I was a bit like this to start with and oh says I fidget lots at night which is unusual for me. I tend to sleep with about 6 pillows instead of normal 2 which helps me drift off quicker.
    Have you tried a relaxing bath before bed?
     
  3. littlesmoosh

    littlesmoosh Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    0
    i havent. usually i take a really hot bath and i cant do that now, so a warm bath just feels uncomfortable to me! xx
     
  4. Jayjay027

    Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2011
    Messages:
    6,688
    Likes Received:
    0
    Awh that's no good.
    I have a condition called CFS which means I don't really tend to sleep very well anyway.

    Sometimes when I can't sleep, I get up and try to occupy my mind for a bit (like do a jigsaw or read a book) or get up and walk around (I sometimes clean the kitchen/bathroom lol) and then go back to bed, and find I drift off for another few hours.

    Hope u start sleeping better soon hun x

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
     
  5. littlesmoosh

    littlesmoosh Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    0
    might have to try this! its driving me crazy! feel so sorry for my otherhalf cause hes got the brunt of it so many times. if he even moves slightly in his sleep i often get angry at him for it cause hes disturbing me and i know its not his fault!
    x
     
  6. BabyBrain

    BabyBrain Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2011
    Messages:
    8,103
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had major insomnia in tri 1. Don't know whether it's hormones, increased blood flow or just sheer bloomin terror lol but it drove me mad.

    I started sleeping whenever I needed to, no matter what time of day it was just because I was so shattered xxxxxxx
     
  7. mrswarner87

    mrswarner87 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    0
    sleep deprivation is torture. unfortunatly tho its needed.. its our bodies way of altering our body clocks so when we have our babies that need feeding every 2 hours we are awake and alert enough to deal with them. plus as a mother u will find that until there older even when u sleep its only 90 % as the other 10% has always got your ear out for the baby. it will soon become normal to u lol. i cant remember the last time in the last 5 years that i slept all the way thru from start to finish?... i wish lol xxxxxx
     
  8. BabyBrain

    BabyBrain Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2011
    Messages:
    8,103
    Likes Received:
    0
    My mum says she hasn't slept properly for 40 years lmao, she's got ears like a hawk......there was no sneaking in from parties for us. On the plus side one glare from my mum at 3am was instantly sobering :D
     
  9. Butterflykisses

    Butterflykisses Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2011
    Messages:
    1,953
    Likes Received:
    0
    Not much sleep happening here either. I get an hour or 2 at a time and then waken and spend ages trying to get comfy again. I normally sleep on my tummy so think it's cos I'm trying to sleep on my side that I can't get comfy. It's cracking me up. :-( DH is the soundest sleeper in the world so me moving around doesn't disturb him and he works night shift every other week so he's not there half the time anyway.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice