cant sleep for lots.of.reasons

Positive37

Reaction score
Will be back 38 weeks.wed.and the closer.its getting the less.sleep.im getting.
Aside.from heat past few.weeks I just can't switch off at night. Keep thinking sbout baby snd sbout labour I frel so emotional. And vulnerable.
Add to that heartbeat which seems.to have.got.worse.
I struggle to turn over.in bed.snd getting up for loo makes me feel rough heavy snd dizzy.
Its.like this . waiting game yet I feel more . scared. Then excited.
Most days I.cy for no reason itd almost thr realisation that we.are going. To have a baby!!
Am so tired and I need some sleep badly. Xx

Hi positive
I too can't sleep, have been tossing and turning for three hours now! It's normal to worry about all those things and I truly believe that the lack of sleep in the night at the end of pregnancy, has a lot to do with preparing yourself for those early weeks of sleep deprivation! Doesnt make you feel better though! I hope you get some sleep soon x

I also cant sleep, its annoying i tend to fall sleep for half hour then ping im wide awake again, turning over is annoying n going toiket is a effort, plus i get restless leg syndrome which is horrid!!x

feel so sick still :/ and been having that restless leg business not fun at all!!

I've been feeling sick too and which ever side I lay on the baby sticks something out not sure if its legs or a bum but it hurts. I keep thinking about the birth and am pretty scared, I'm trying to keep positive and remind myself that this pregnancy will be over soon and I will have my new baby to concentrate on. I too have been feeling really emotional and crying a lot, I've put it down to another surge of those hormones. Have you tried talking to someone you trust about your anxieties? Sometimes it helps to get it off your chest and have someone listen x x x

:-( boo to not being able to sleep. I find if I start thinking about the birth and labour I cant switch off either so I try and just distract myself!

Hope you all managed to get some rest

Xx

I think toilet trips r at an all time high at the mo. About 4 times a night plus check in my boy if he wakes up!! I know the whole turning over thing is a pain and im only 34 weeks this week!
I know the anxiety feeling too, for me its deff this time its more that il.have 2 kids! Lol. The unexpectedness of labour isnt really worring me a such as I know its going to happen and been through everything before. Just try and rest whenever u can is my advice. Maybe go for a nice swim? Relaxing and might tire u out? Xx
mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

completely normal at your stage! I used to be the same and was told that just getting laying down time where you are resting your body is better than nothing - if that;s all you can manage!

Are you able to watch a film or tv in bed? that may help keep your mind occupied and stop you worrying while you rest......can you nap in the day?

Big hugs I'm 100% with u on all of this the sickness is a pain and sleeping isn't fun In fact while being stupidly tiered I dread going to bed. Husband trys to be sweet n cuddles up but arm around me too constrictive and also lying down makes me feel sick I rarely sleep before 1.30 am sometimes its more like 3 despite going to bed bout ten/11 pm. I then get up every hr roughly for the loo and wake with a headache to hubbys work alarms some times I can sleep 8am till 10/11am othertimes the sickness is too blergh and I get up I'm trying a few crackers this morning from bed then gunna see if I can sleep n shift the headache. I appreciate how lucky I am to have baby on way but I do miss sleep something chronic. I think il be one of the few ppl who gets more sleep when I have baby here waking every 2hrs for feeds than I do now!!! X

Sorry to hear you're struggling so much! On the positive side, yay only a few weeks to go and you'll have your little girl in your arms!
Hope you'll feel better soon hun! If it's getting too much your GP might be able to give you sleeping tablets which are okay to use while pregnant. xxx

It's a hard last few weeks I think. That's definitely a general consensus on here anyway.
Try and focus on positives, don't let your mind dwell on anything negative. I know it's hard but you can do it.
Also remember that your body was made for this, we're all designed to carry and deliver babies, even if conceiving them isn't straight forward a lot of the time.
You have a wonderful relationship with your OH and you will be fantastic parents, your baby will be so lucky to be so wanted.
The aches and pains are crap but try and nap in the day if you can which takes the pressure off sleeping all night. I find daytime naps so much easier! Not sure why really.

Take care, you'll be there soon...moo moo is nearly ready to meet mummy!! Eeeep! :)) xxxx

I feel for you very much positive too! Had a bad night last night too. Bump aches how ever I lie. Heartburn was horrendous. Felt really sick and the heat is getting to me (yesterday we had 39.2°!!!!) Ended up doing some yoga at 2am and this helped me to get rid of the heartburn and get comfy (at least wee man went to sleep!)
XXXXXX

Not long hun and LO is here! XXXXX

I'm having bad nights already too, and everything looks so much worse when you are tired too!

I find that it is pointless just lying in bed tossing and turning. If your head is filling up with thoughts you don't want there, read a book or something to distract you.

sorry for not replying to your replies sooner had a dreadful day yesterday but thanks so much.

Sunday night was awful so yesterday i was a misery. had NCT in morning but by time i got home just felt, hot, tired, no motivation and fed up.. and bored.
i spoke to a midwife at NCT she said its all normal , hormones are so high these past few weeks and the labour worries of first time mum.

last night I slept 11.30-3.30 and was awake for hour which was fine, just read a bit. and then got 3.30-8.00 and feel so much better today
i think fact its cooler too helps never been so happy to see rain.

i talk all the time about how i feel to my partner and anyone who will listen really Ha ha...
Lydia wouldn't touch sleeping tablets while pregnant. when i had really bad anxiety i took them when i was desperate i know why im not sleeping so its kind of bearable.

have decided to just stay strong and positive and any doubt that slips in to push it away, 2 weeks tomorrow and i could be holding my little girl!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back