Can't poo won't poo

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by BabyBrain, Dec 13, 2011.

1. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Urgh it got me.....the dreaded c-word :(. The pressure is awful, it's making my back pain even worse and I'm struggling to sit down :(. I've got the doc's thursday afternoon but will have to take a trip to the chemist tomorrow me thinks. The fruit hasn't been working and have to be careful with fibre cos of wheat intolerance which makes me constipated :roll:

Lactulose is foul so hoping to avoid it and once drank a whole bottle of syrup of figs and had not so much as even a rabbit poo. Any suggestions???? xxxxxxxxxxx

2. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

OJ has sorted me out today. Or at least that's what I think has helped. Poor you. It's awful :hug:

3. bute69

bute69 Well-Known Member

Poor you. Baked beans can help, although may just give you wind.LOL!!

4. kaytee11

kaytee11 Well-Known Member

ha that title has cheered me right up !

Im hiping i dont get that .. did you try prune juice?? even though i think id rather me constipated that drink it! Lactalouse is vile also .. maybe ask doctor can they prescribe you movical or pedeatric movicol?? we use them in work and lactalouse also and tbh i think the movicol works best :) xxx

5. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

samne here, nothing is working for me, im going like once a week and it hurts x

6. reillybaby1987

reillybaby1987 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda in the same boat, it's awfull cant be good having all that *poo* in there lol sorry tmi xx

7. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I've gone the other way since tri 1 - think I prefer that rather than not being able to go!!! When I had the C word in tri 1 a pint of fresh OJ had a very rapid effect...

8. BabyBrain

I've put it down to the painkillers I've been given for my back so have stopped them as the constipation is just adding to the pressure. Have tried pushing and my whole body went into a kind of spasm, it was like being electrocuted. Am so glad no-one saw the look on my face lol xxxxxxxx

9. BabyBrain

Have rung in sick at work today, I just couldn't do it and if one of my clients has a nice big poo I think I'll cry :cry: xxxxxxxxx

10. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

Oh yes, codeine makes you constipated :( I know that only too well.

Have you tried some dried apricots/prunes

11. BabyBrain

Once the lazy sods at boots get to work I'll be down there like a shot....how inconsiderate lol don't they know there's a constipated pregnant woman in the town?????? And then to the greengrocers for oranges, apricots, prunes, plums you name it lol

I'm a bit worried cos I've gone into spasm and finding it hard to pee properly....will ring the mw if I haven't had a good wee by lunchtime :(

12. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound too good :( hope you manage to go soon!

13. BellaRiven

BellaRiven Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat the last couple of days, I have the docs today anyway so will mention it to him :) may as well make the most of the free prescriptions.

Hoope you feel better soon :) xx

14. angie84

angie84 Well-Known Member

same for the last week ive been bad. pain starts in work as well. :(
    i used to have prune juice (only a small glass, half a tummber mix with orange juice-fresh ) but dont drink loads.

15. TashaWink

TashaWink Well-Known Member

I eat mainly dried fruits-Apricots-they're my favourite! :) And i haven't had a problem since! :)

16. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Hey hun! Water to soften, OJ to get things moving and fruit itself to to push it. I like strawberries the seeds do something I heard xx

17. BabyBrain

Just spoken to mw cos it really bloody hurts lol, she won't do much cos I have the doctors tomorrow anyway and he can prescribe laxatives. Have just taken delivery of 3 litres of orange juice so will see what happens.

Thanks so much for the suggestions girls xxxxxxxxxxx

18. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Prune juice, dates, beans, lentils, pulses and best of all is bran :hug: Don't let the constipation get too bad, or else you might have problems with haemorrhoids, which I did, and I would advise anyone to do whatever it takes in order to avoid them.

19. BabyBrain

I already have them :( and they are hurting like hell. I think sometimes half the problem is they block the way iykwim. I'm texting oh all your suggestions lol, will probably end up with some weird fruit/veg/pulse casserole tonight :D xxxxxxxxx

20. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Bran and beans got me through (I can't make myself drink prune juice, it's vile); you'll be fine if you go on a super fibre diet. It does take a while for the piles to go away, even after the constipation is gone, but don't be discouraged, hun, they will disappear in the end if you stick to a good diet :hug:

Sainsbury's do some good Cauldron products with lentils and chickpeas. I have this a LOT http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/sa...tarian_food/cauldron_lentil_dhansak_350g.html