Can't get ectopic out of my head

timtam78

Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit worried. I've been anxious since the start of this pregnancy, mixture of a things, and don't know why but i've got ectopic in my head and can't get it out.

Last night i woke in the night with an odd feeling, can't describe it as pain as such. It was like a really tight cramp just on one side. It made me come over all sick and dizzy (I think I was worrying which made that worse though) so i was on the floor crouched over. It was only for a few minutes but I'm wondering what it was.

I went away for the weekend with friends too and had a few twinges in my arm and a bit of a feeling of numbness in one arm. Again i'm not sure if I'm overthinking an imagining it as I don't have it now.

Plus I've had a very small bit of spotting. Only old blood though.

Not really had any pain as such (just the normal sharp twinges down there) but I am paranoid about an ectopic pregnancy and can't get it out of my head.

I'm somewhere between 7 and 8 weeks pregnant.

I don't feel I've had any real pain to go to the doctors about though and i'm sure if it was ectopic I would have had some actual pain by now?

Should I just ignore it and carry on for now

Last edited:
I know it's really hard to shift once you get something in your head.. I also thought I had an ectopic around 8-9 weeks but had incredibly severe pain localised on one side, I was in agony and once they ruled out ectopic thought it was appendicitis.. (All a bit of a long story but turned out well in the end..) You're coming out of the danger zone for ectopic now being that far along.. The growing baby would be causing some real pain by now i'd have thought and from what i've read not many ectopics can get past 9/10 weeks without bursting the tube (not to scare you - to reassure you that you're almost out of the woods!) Is there a particular reason you're worried about ectopic? They're really quite rare, I guess it's the whole not knowing what's happening in there.. I wouldn't worry about the arms - it's shoulder tip pain they look for as this indicates internal bleeding. I also had some really nasty twinges and pains early on that I was sure was the start of somehing but all is fine. It's such a worrying time but the chances are you and baby are bith great. If you're still getting symptoms then of course give your GP a call but I just wanted to reassure you that even with all the signs there (which our bodies and minds are very good at convincing us of!!) everything is likely to be ok :) xx

Thank you for the reassurance ladies, it's all in my head I think, feel a bit silly really. I've just heard about some people having ruptures with no pain or bleeding beforehand but that's prob much rarer than even having an ectopic in the first place. The cramp last night was weird but I know my mind does go into overdrive when I start thinking and I reckon I made myself feel sick. Think my hormones have just gone haywire this pregnancy. Roll on tri 2!!

If your really worried about it early private scans are brilliant we had one and was best decision we ever made

Oh don't feel silly at all! I am a little ball of nerves too and have obsessed and worried about everything during this pregnancy.. It's hard work but it's getting a little better as things are progressing. It never ceases to amaze me how our bodies react physically to our mental state.. Try and take it easy :) Hope you feel better soon xx

All sorts of twinges pains and cramps are perfectly normal pregnancy symptoms but if you are still worried maybe say you have been getting spotting and pains and they might give you a scan, or as Bethany says you could get a private scan.

Hey timtam! Long time no see! Congratulations on your new bump, hope the ouchies ease up. It's so hard not to worry and overthink in tri1 (and 2... and 3!) but I'm sure it's all fine :) Worth asking the gp or midwife though if it's nmaking you anxious? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back