cant find heartbeat on Doppler.. :(

Samsgirl

Reaction score
I know Im only 9 weeks...but others have found the heartbeat this early...

it's probably cos i have a layer or two of fat! But i cant help but be a bit worried :(

xx

With my first I couldn't find anything till around 12 weeks and I was skinny as anything so I wouldn't worry at all I'm sure everything is fine. I find dopplers more worry than reassurance xx

hey hun trynot to worry most midwifes wont even listen before 16 weeks its very rare to hear this early ...baby is super tiny an wiggly finding it is a mission ....try to relax an try again at 10-11 weeks xxx

Dont do it to yourself!! Even at 16 week midwide appoint she said big possibility we wouldn't hear heartbeat! The trainee midwife couldn't find it. The experienced one just about did x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I'd never suggest using a doppler, even when you get to around 16 weeks - before that anyone is unlikely to find it, least of all us who are completely inexperienced in listening to the different sounds (baby's heart, your heart, blood flowing through the placenta). Hell, my consultant couldn't find baby's heartbeat when I was 14 weeks and had to do an ultrasound instead! I asked her opinion on dopplers and she was very scathing about them - they can make you worry unnecessarily and they can falsely reassure you if you don't know what you're listening to.

Please please don't worry that you can't hear baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks, it's really early and a midwife wouldn't even try. Others may have really found the heartbeat that early or they may have thought they've found the heartbeat that early, it's difficult to know without proper confirmation from a fully trained professional.

I couldn't find my babies at 19 weeks! The day of my 20 week scan!!

I wouldn't worry Hun

xxxx

9 weeks is very early to find the heartbeat I didn't find my babies until 13 weeks and a few days and I've tried a few times since and one night it took me 40 minutes. I tried yesterday and couldn't find the heartbeat. I wouldn't use your Doppler for a few weeks yet as it will only cause unesscary worry x

Didn't get anything on mine until 11 weeks. 9 weeks would be very early to get it, don't worry.

Oooo don't worry chick! I didn't hear mine until 15 weeks! Midwife said people can have trouble finding it up to about 17 weeks! So don't panic :) xxx

Thank you so much ladies....

I think I'm just worrying a bit cos my sickness seeme to have eased too. I lost my first around this time....so I think I'm just a bit nervous...xxx

I honestly wouldn't worry. I've just give in to what will be will be and just done as much as I can to hope little kidney sticks (we've nicknamed it kidney lol)

Not getting anything at this point is normal I think as its early. It's exactly why I'm not getting a Doppler - I'd just worry all he time

I couldnt find mine at all until gone 12 weeks, then it got gradually easier! I used to spend so long searching but nothing! xxx

don't worry hun, its very early, try to relax and look forward to your 12 weeks scan, I worried myself silly first 12 weeks nearly made myself ill, hubby FORBID (lol!!) me to get a Doppler for this reason

I didn't find mine until 18 weeks. The midwife did at my 16 week appointment but I couldn't. I wouldn't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back