Can't feed when we are out?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
I can't seem to be able feed little man when we are out, although not because you might think...

I couldn't care less about who's looking or whatever, I think I have every right to feed my baby wherever I like but can't seem to get the positioning right! I can feed easily when I'm lounged out on the sofa/bed or if I'm in my nursing chair, but if in sat upright in a standard chair I cant seem to get him in the right position.

I've tried 3 times now & every time just ended uo giving him a bottle of ebm.

I think ive made a rod for my own back really because whenever I feed him at home I have my legs up kind of supporting my arm, so I think this is why!

Any tips?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It can be tricky, i tend to look for a chair with arms so its easier otherwise my arms starts going numb from his weight. Maybe practice at home?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ah that's a good idea! Might try sitting on the dining room chair for the next feed x

Take a small pillow when you go out so you can use it to help support your arm, it does take some practice but you will find a way that works xx

It just takes practice. I was the same. Can u gradually try getting used to sitting more upright when at home so its not as big a shift.

Well I had to take him to the doctors this morning, and he decided in the waiting room he was hungry & I actually managed to get him on! I had to roll up a towel I keep in the changing bag & tuck it under my arm but at least we managed it!

A bulky padded changing bag on your lap maybe just as a bit of added support for your arms?

Just practice. I was the opposite. I preferred feeding in a dining chair as upright as possible. But was gutted when I could lounge on the sofa, or feed lying down. But eventually I could. Eventually you'll find you can do it anyway possible.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27