cant decide what to do

rach

Reaction score
as some of you know we had a baby born sleeping at 34 weeks in april 06 then went on to get pg again and all went smoothly i had to have injections into my belly to stop my blood from clotting from 6 weeks to 36 weeks then had a section to make sure baby was born safe and well :D
the thing is im so so broody again my o/h and me would love to have just 1 more but i know everyone will be against us :( due to our history and the fact that il be 35 this year :( :( :(
my doctor has already suggested i be sterilized due to the risks involved if i do get pg again
my mum keeps saying i should be greatful now for what we have which dont get me wrong i am so so greatful
i understand that everyone is just worried that we will have another stillbirth as we are now classed as higher risk
have spoke to o/h today and said i will think things over in the next 6 months and then decide need to lose some weight before we consider anything anyway
what would you all do??????
thought it might help to get some outside opinions on things xxxxxx

first im really sorry about your late loss :hug: it must have been really terrible :hug:

i dont really know you did go on to have a healthy baby so you CAN do it i think you just need to decide how much you and dh really want another and if yous can go through the worry it could cause. sterilization seems a bit drastic :shock: do you have a consultant, you should try and discuss your history feelings with someone experienced in this area your gp may refer you.

Good luck whatever you decide :hug:

Hi-just saw this and thought I should say-you know about the risks involved and still feel like you should try for an bnother,so maybe you should. When my mu was about 37 she got really broody but was dissuaded from TTC because she was told she was "too old" She's always regretted not even trying.Good luck with whatever you decide

thank you both for replying :hug: still not sure what we will do yet think i might try and get an appointment with my consultant he only deals with high risk pregnancies he was fantastic when i was pg with christopher xxxxxxxxx

I think its entirely your decision and as long as your aware of the risk and possibilities there no reason why you shouldnt. I think you need to evaluate whether you and your OH could go through that again if it happened but considering your healthy pregnancy last time it is possible

hun at the end of the day its your and your OH decision ok, i know some people say they are looking out for you and want the best for us but its your body and you know if its something you want.

im sorry i cant really give much advice but i know your strong and can get through anything and im always here if you ever need me :hug: :hug:

thanks for your replies everyone xxxxxxxx

just a quick update :D i have an appointment with my doctor on friday morning to discuss a future pregnancy and my doctor will then contact my consultant on my behalf to find out if the same treatment will apply to any future pregnancies as i had on christopher fingers crossed we will have some good news soon and maybe start ttc in the summer :pray:
xxxxxxxx

That's brilliant. Hope all goes well for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Great news :hug:

Just want to add, I am 37 and no one at all has mentioned my age at any of my appointments.

Good luck :hug:

That is great news! I hope everything works out well for you hun! :hug: Please let us know what they say!

Hi,

I think you should go for it if your consultant okays it all - it does sound like you really would like to try again (and if you don't you may end of regretting it) and the fact that you've been able to have a successful pregnancy is really positive. Also, you're not that old!!! I've just turned 34 and was thinking the same thing but there are plenty of Mums who are older around (a friend of mine is expecting again and she must be in her late 30s).

All the best with whatever you decide.

thanks everyone :hug:
the reason i mention my age is due to the fact that stillbirth risk rises again at the age of 35 and i am already higher risk than normal due to already having 1 stillbirth :(
well it went really well at the doctors this morning :D he did go through the risks but i was well ahead of him on that 1 and made it quite clear that i was aware of the possibilities of losing another baby
after that he was very helpful went through my notes and there were letters there off my consultant and my heamatologist (sp) saying that i would have the same treatment as last time if i was to decide to ttc again
so he basically gave me the go ahead to ttc along with some advice about stopping my pill and letting my body have a normal af b4 ttc and to start eating foods rich in folic acid or take a supplement b4 ttc
so all in all a good outcome now i just have to decide when to start trying :D xxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach,

Reading what you have gone through had me in tears, but so glad that you have got answers to your questions and that your hospital and GP are going to support you!

Take care and good luck for your BFP whenever you decide to start trying :pray:

mibiuk
:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27