Can't decide and time is running out!

julesrainbow

Reaction score
That sounded so dramatic, but I am stressing myself out over this!
I've got a place held for the NCT classes and can't decide whether to book them or not, I have until 12pm tonight otherwise my place will be taken.
I've heard some stories of horrible experiences, mainly with the women enrolled on the course, but equally a few positive ones too. Has anyone booked on or have you been to them in the past?
My local PCT offers just one free class, which seems a bit rubbish, which is why I'm considering paying for NCT. It's £160 for 6 classes, which is quite pricey, but maybe worth the money? I'm just worried that it will be full of competitive, judgemental and bitchy women - this seems to have been the experience of many! Someone tell me what to do as this pregnancy seems to have disabled my decision making ability x

Well I've booked them but haven't been yet, they're not til August. Personally I'd like to make some like minded friends & think this will be lucky at my local NHS hospital.....I'd be lucky to find someone else that spike English for a start! This is my first baby & I haven't a clue where to start so thought I'd better book them. Mine were £200 for a weekend course + an evening on breast feeding (which I'm not going to) so you seem to be getting a good deal, personally I'd say just do it - you don't know who's there until you go & see!x

That is very true! I was all up for it, but have developed some weird panic and anxiety about the classes.
I'm the same as you and doubt very much that I will meet many people like me at the NHS ones, there will be more chance at NCT and plus one class won't really promote friendships. I'm a first time mum too and have no idea either - I've never even changed a nappy and I'm 32! x

Last edited:
We booked NCT too, am excited to start in August!

And I'm so glad you've said that about nappies, I'm 29 and also have zero experience!! :) this will certainly be an experience come October... Bring it on! Xx

Do it and go!!

I enjoyed them, as did hubby and found them quite informative, especially the ones on breast feeding

But the best bit was that I now have 5 friends with babies similar ages to Harry who all live near me- a god send in the early days (along with the forum!!)

I've done it!!! Thanks for all your advice ladies! I just needed a kick up the bum, don't know why I was delaying so much? Roll on October! x

Tri hopping! I did the NCT classes in June and I really enjoyed them. I think we paid £158 for 16.5 hours of classes. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the breastfeeding one as I'd got a viral infection and wasn't well enough to go. I didn't even get the NHS ones offered, but I'd heard they were fairly useless!

The first thing we did in the NCT classes was make a big list of what we wanted to know and our teacher taught to this, so it wasn't a case of sitting through pre-planned stuff that we didn't need to know. Everyone at my class seemed very pleasant. People had their opinions, but didn't seem judgmental if someone had a different opinion.

We booked NCT too, am excited to start in August!

And I'm so glad you've said that about nappies, I'm 29 and also have zero experience!! :) this will certainly be an experience come October... Bring it on! Xx

:lol: My husband and I haven't got a clue what to do! I predict that my sister and mum will be getting lots of phone calls/panicked visits! x

We are doing the nhs ones as paying for hypnobirthing. Hoping to meet people in nhs ones but guess depends on who's there! We did the early pregnancy course which had some nice couples but was just the one evening so never kept in touch x

I'm 32 too & have never changed a nappy either, I think I've held a baby twice in my life! I'm a bit nervous about the NCT classes & if they make us get in embarrassing birthing positions etc i might just have to leave! I won't be able to cope. If I knew anything at all about babies I wouldn't be going but as I don't I'm dragging oh along for the all day Sat & Sun classes. I know on the day both of us won't want to go but we owe it to the baby to know how to feed him! Lol x

Hi ladies, I'm 31 and neither me nor my other half have ever changed a nappy either and have barely held a baby before, :-@ we have booked on the the nct classes in October and are quite apprehensive too but have heard good things about the nct so hopefully we all like them, :) xx

I'm 32 too & have never changed a nappy either, I think I've held a baby twice in my life! I'm a bit nervous about the NCT classes & if they make us get in embarrassing birthing positions etc i might just have to leave! I won't be able to cope. If I knew anything at all about babies I wouldn't be going but as I don't I'm dragging oh along for the all day Sat & Sun classes. I know on the day both of us won't want to go but we owe it to the baby to know how to feed him! Lol x

We're rubbish, aren't we?! I've got loads of friends who have babies and have two nieces, but I leave the room swifty when changing nappies, feeding, winding etc... is occuring! I feel uncomfortable holding babies too and never really coo over babies - let's hope I like mine!
I'm dead nervous about the classes too, but hope it's going to be full of people like us - that's three of us who are down-to-earth and not baby obsessives who have signed up - FX!
I'm going to go to pregnancy yoga classes too, I've got to find some normal mums/mums-to-be! x

Hi ladies, I'm 31 and neither me nor my other half have ever changed a nappy either and have barely held a baby before, :-@ we have booked on the the nct classes in October and are quite apprehensive too but have heard good things about the nct so hopefully we all like them, :) xx

Make that four of us :lol: x

We went and it was great, I'm still in touch with the 6 couples we went with and meet up with most of them (or at least the mums and babies!) every week, having other people in the same situation as us with new babies was great!

I've just started pregnancy yoga too and its fab - there are some lovely ladies that go (who are all different stages of pregnancy) and each week our teacher makes home-made cakes for us to munch on at the end -i'd highly recommend it, :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back