can't bring myself to eat healthy!

jrm06

Reaction score
Before i got pregnant i loved my fruit and veg...now i cant even think about eating veg as the thought jyst makes me feel sick :( . im worried as i obviously want the best for me and the baby. any suggestions? :(

I was like this at the beginning.

Not to frighten you, but I've only just got my appetite for veggies in the last couple of weeks.

Try and make things as easy as possible for yourself with the veggies etc. Get ones that don't require much effort if you can't bring yourself to cook them.

I struggled with cooking them mostly and so would have things like toast for my dinner.

Are there any which don't make you gag? Try and eat those instead, I craved sugar/carbs massively so I would have bananas and custard or add fruit to my porridge in the morning.
Failing that, get yourself a good pregnancy multi vitamin.

i had a fresh stir fry the other day and it just made me feel worse after. Peppers/broccoli/salad/ anything that has a crunch i think, as weird as that sounds!

Thats a good idea, will try fruit with custard or tinned fruit, not great but has that little sweetness to it that doesn't make it too bad.

i am seeing the midwife soon so will ask her which vitamins to take

just want to be healthy but am struggling :(

If you are off fruit too like me, I can highly recommend downing smoothies lol x

Smoothies are a good idea yes!

Don't beat yourself up hun. Some people barely eat in tri 1 at all. I also have taken to drinking a fair bit of tropicana too. Helps with toilet issues ;) lol

I used pregnacare/tesco pregnancy multi vitamins throughout this pregnancy.

This seems to be pretty comon so don't worry too much.... I love fruit and veg but all I can keep down is fruit at the moment. We can only do so much so don't beat yourself up, as TORino said get yourself a good pregnancy vitamin and you will be fine. xx

I was exactly the same both with this pregnancy and my last. With both for the first 3 months I lived on dry toast and polo mints, and that was only if I could keep them down!!!

Now though i'm craving lovely healthy things like spinach, tomatoes and especially mangoes!!

Baby gets what it needs from your reserves in the first 3 months, the book I got in a bounty pack explained that it's the last trimester that it's important to get the healthy food in.

If you're worried maybe try a pregnancy vitamin?

I hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

Dont beat yourself up about it! Eat whatever you can keep down, whether its healthy or not. It's not too important, just as long as you eat SOMETHING :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back