Cant breath

Positive37

Reaction score
Fri nightt all day yesterday and bit of last night really cant get my breath
Now i suffer on and off with anxiety so feels similar gasping for air.
My accupuncture man said its just where my diapragham is being pushed up and lack of lung capacity. But its awful.....when i lay down i feel sufficated so am awake in night sitting up.
Truly hope it is that and not anxiety as i am a worrier at times.

Fri nightt all day yesterday and bit of last night really cant get my breath
Now i suffer on and off with anxiety so feels similar gasping for air.
My accupuncture man said its just where my diapragham is being pushed up and lack of lung capacity. But its awful.....when i lay down i feel sufficated so am awake in night sitting up.
Truly hope it is that and not anxiety as i am a worrier at times.

Bless ya that really doesn't sound pleasant. Shouldn't be anxiety as they would really come and go. When im laying down im breathing a lot heavier, to the point I snore sometimes now and waje myself up. Its definitely more of a struggle xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I've been feeling like this too and start to panic as I can't breath properly..I also keep feeling light headed..it is probably lack of space and everything being pushed up but you can always mention it to mw or doctor to put your mind at rest..I will be mentioning it to my mw on Tuesday it's not a nice feeling :( xx

I think its bit of anxiety too - i can have it for days at time.. i tend to panic that i cant breath thats what does it. been ok today ( just) just hope i sleep as back to work tomorrow after 2weeks off!

Aw hope it will go better soon. Especially when works starts again tomorrow. Did you have a great week off? Is your bf feeling okay? xx

I suffer from anxiety too, panic attacks etc... One of my triggers is when it's really quiet and I can hear msyelf breathing.. thinking its really loud .... strange I know but always has been

And now i feel like a rhino breathing! I fele so unfit and walking up the stairs gets me out of breath :(

I mentioned it to my midwife and she just said its because everything is squashing upwards... I hate it :( I had to stop taking my anxiety medication and keep worrying it's going to come back!

Hi Lydia - its not too bad tonight but i know once i lay down it will start - really need to get some sleep tonight but then again have coped on 4 hours some days, just first day back would be good to be bright and breezy

TBH my mind isnt on work one bit - the sooner i start maternity the better
BF is fine thanks hunny u mean since his little op.? he had lump removed from his forehead and the swelling has gone down and his stitches are looking good. his doing really well

Ruth I know how you feel Hunny - i started getting anxiety about 13 years ago when i basically brought a flat it fell through, brought another flat, had operation and started new job was fine at time and 6 months later BOOM it kicked off.

have had about 3 bouts since, my dad passing away, moving house etc. i have been on medication twice , cipralex was my saviour.... came off it a few years ago and never looked back,
i had such a stressful job it was defo part of my stress
i am still a worrier - mainly about loss, as in my partner getting hurt and me losing him
its a nightmare as now its warmer his cycling much more and i hate it !!
its so irrational and i know i need to learn to control it

what do u think started yours Hun? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back