Cannot sleep ... Pains

MrsB2105

Reaction score
So I'm not even tossing and turning it hurts so bad, my lower back has period like pains, under my bump is also painful, it's intermittent sharp pains but not cramping ... Almost in tears from it.

Doesn't feel like legit contractions so don't want to ring triage

Anyone have a clue to help me know what's going on? X

I would defo ring triage. They're the best ones to know.

I had something similar a few weeks back and mw told me it was baby moving downwards and must of been pressing onmsomething causing it.

Last edited:
I don't want to feel like I'm mythering them, I took paracetamol over an hour ago and they haven't touched it x

Eek, how are you now Caroline? Did you manage to sleep? Xxx

It's what they're there for chick. Hope you're feeling better.

I got to triage at 2am and I'm only just on my way home now, babies are ok, it's apparently because it's twins so I will just have to cope ... I am sooo tired X

Oh hun you must be shattered :-( have a nice bath when you get in then get into bed and just take it easy xxx

I would love too but we don't have a bath lol, that's a job for next year I think

I am going to bed though :) x

Oh no! Cwtch down in bed anyway and tell your hubby that he's on butler service for the rest of the day! Has the pain eased? Xxx

How's the pain now chick?
Glad you went and got checked though. You can't have much longer left being twins can you?

Poor you, Mrs B. Never nice being told to just cope with it :-(
Hope you're ok. Xxx

Pain still there :(, husband has been looking after me although I have been asleep since we got back.

Not sure how long left I have summergurl, could be 2 weeks or could be 5 with a planned section, unless they spontaneously decide to come, then I imagine it will be an emergency section.

Thanks siamesecatlady, it feels a bit like a cop out being told that I have to just cope with it because it's twins x

Aw Caroline I'm so sorry that you're suffering :-( if it keeps being bad then perhaps contact your midwife? Them saying it's just one of those things really isn't good enough. Xxx

I know, they were so unorganised as well last night, I was there for about 11 hours almost, the midwife did the usual checks and put me on the monitor, when it had finished she took me off and said ok just waiting to see a dr now - this was at 5am - then nothing until 8am when shift swap over was done and they did my obs again, didn't see the dr until about 9.45, then got booted out of the room just after 10 because they needed it and ended up back in the waiting room with another girl who had also been booted out of hers that I was talking to when we arrived, then the Drs came to speak to me at 12ish, tried saying my pain was from my spd - my response was that I don't have it because I don't - then proceeded to tell me that it's because I'm having twins and it's one of those things, there is nothing they can do x

That's ridiculous :-( hope they treat you better when you're in labour! Such a long time to be waiting around, especially when you're in pain and heavily pregnant xxx

There was also a girl sat in the corridor contracting 2 mins apart and they never stopped to give her pain relief or eye contact

This is supposed to be the best birthing hospital in Manchester as well x

Eesh shocking :-( that poor girl.

Hopefully your birth will be the planned c section so things should go a lot more smoothly xxx

Fingers crossed, there were a lot of screamers and howlers as well last night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back